Reporting to the Procurement Manager, the Procurement Assistant will provide operational support to the procurement section. S/he will work closely with the programs and Finance teams in the Country office.
Procurement Assistant Job Responsibilities
- Analyze and reconcile supplier’s invoices for all ordered and supplied goods and services ensuring they are adequately supported on a daily basis
- Receive participant listing from program teams and ensure they are reconciled and complete before attaching to invoices for payment
- Working closely with Finance, Senior Procurement Officer and Procurement Officer, seek out clarifications with suppliers on invoices
- Scan through the LPO book on a weekly basis and follow up with suppliers to submit any outstanding invoices
- Post all issued LPOs into quick books on a daily basis
- Receive goods from suppliers and verifying against the LPO in consultation with the users
- Ensure ordered services and goods are provided satisfactorily as per the specifications and subsequent billing for such services received accurately and on a timely manner
- Maintain an up to date and easily accessible filing system for all procurement documents
- Perform any other assigned duties.
Qualifications for the Procurement Assistant Job
- Diploma in Accounting, Business Management or Supply Chain Management or equivalent field.
- At least 3 years working experience in managing a busy procurement section
- Knowledge of donor requirements and/or international procurement best practices
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously with prioritization
- Attention to details and understanding of suppliers payment cycles/procedures
How to Apply
Instructions – please apply with your cover letter, resume, and USAID 1420 biodata form (available at this link – https://www.usaid.gov/forms/aid-1420-17) to email@example.com by Jan 13.
This position is based in Kakamega and is not eligible for relocation assistance.
Get a free review of your CV send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. We can also assist you with this job application. Request assistance with your review.
Like our FB page so you never miss our daily job updates.