The Ministry of Health is looking to fill the vacant position of a Senior Finance Officer within the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention funded project on an annual contractual basis.
- A Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics
- Seven years demonstrable experience in working in a donor funded organization particularly US agencies
- Experience using Oracle, SAP, or other enterprise resource planners
- Preference will be given to candidates with the Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designations.
- Excellent communication skills are essential, particularly in regard to presenting the results of analyses, forecasts and financial results to management
- Experience with the Public Financing and Accounting procedures
- Should have an outstanding knowledge of electronic spreadsheets.
- Oversee the preparation and approval of all financial reporting materials and metrics for funding organizations; prepare and communicate monthly and annual financial statements.
- Manage cash flow and forecasting; direct all financial, project-based, accounting.
- Oversee all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems, ensuring compliance with appropriate Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, regulatory requirements, and Office of Management and Budget audit requirements.
- Ensure that finance staff maintains financial record systems in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, and monitor the use of all funds.
- Oversee budgeting, and the implementation of budgets, so as to monitor progress and present operational metrics both internally and externally.
- Monitors financial performance by measuring and analyzing results; initiating corrective actions; minimizing the impact of variances.
- To report to the Principal Investigator (PI).
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates who meet the criteria above are encouraged to send their application letters, detailed CV and relevant testimonials to:
THE PRINCIPAL INVESTIGATOR
MOH/CDC PEPFAR COOPERATIVE AGREEMENT
MINISTRY OF HEALTH
P.O. BOX 19361-00202
To be received on or before 20th January 2017 in the Office of the Director of Medical Services, 6th Floor room 624.
A competitive remuneration package will be offered.
Get a free review of your CV send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. We can also assist you with this job application. Request assistance with your review.
Like our FB page so you never miss our daily job updates.