Ref. No. PACJA/024/17
Place of Work BDCP/PACJA Liaison Office, Yaoundé, Cameroon
Reports to Communications and Knowledge Development Officer
Supports FCPF Project – Pan-African Civil Society Capacity
Building Program on REDD+
Budget Responsibilities None
Scope Regional (Africa)
The Communication and Knowledge Management Assistant will have the main responsibility of planning and implementing communication and knowledge management actions related tothe project. S/he shall be responsible for designing and implementing the project’s communication strategy to reach both French and English speaking audiences; and (ii) monitor communication/feedback/grievances sent to PACJA via the project’s website and ensure the transfer of the information to the Secretariat for action.
4 Detailed description of duties and tasks
- Update and expand as needed PACJA’s communication strategy to suit the communication needs of the project.
- Develop communication tools as prescribed by the updated communication strategy, in both English and French
- Develop a project webpage with content that provides information on the project, including sub-grants application and selection processes, timelines, and templates; information on project events; links to relevant websites and documents; relevant information on REDD+ and CSOs, etc., in both English and French.
- Oversee and update in a timely manner the project webpage as per the daily activities.
- Compile a list of relevant training and education materials on REDD+ and update/adjust existing ones for the purpose of the project in both English and French.
- Provide briefing and IT support as necessary during project-related meetings.
- Help prepare and attend national, regional and international meetings as relevant and as required and keeps records of all proceedings be it in discs, documentaries and photographs.
- Participate in all local activities, including field visits as per the schedule of work in coordination with the Project Officer.
- Translate oral and written text as required by the project.
- Deliverables Expected
- A database of existing educational and training material on REDD+
- An up and running project web page with updated information (in French and English).
- Social media platforms used to communicate on project issues (in French and English).
- An updated communication strategy, and developed communication material and instruments (in French and English).
The Communication and Knowledge Management Assistant shall meet the following minimum requirements:
. A university degree, preferably in communications, journalism, public relations or other related field or a higher diploma with a relevant combination of professional training and work experience.
. A minimum of 3 years of progressively responsible experience in journalism, communications, public or international relations.
. Information Communication Technology and web platform development/management experience.
. Demonstrated experience in working with social media tools, such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc.
. Excellent English and French language skills.
. Strong communication and writing skills
. Advanced MS Office skills, particularly Microsoft Publisher.
. Availability and readiness travel locally (field work), nationally and regionally
. Time management, meeting deadlines and ability to prioritise multiple tasks
. Self-motivated person able to work without close supervision
. Able to work effectively in a diverse team environment
. Travelling to far flung areas independently for assignments
. Able to effectively promote PACJA’s mission values, and objectives
. Understanding of PACJA’s value system
. Understanding of PACJA’s work
. Knowledge of PACJA’s working areas
. Willing to work additional hours at crucial times
PACJA is an equal opportunity employer and committed to equity and justice for all. In this regard, women, people living with disabilities and people from marginalized groups with requisite qualifications are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
All Applications should be submitted online via the following emails: Hr@pacja.org copied to email@example.com not later than Friday, 20th January, 2017, 12.00 Midnight. All applications should reference the job tittle as the subject.
Get a free review of your CV send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
Like our FB page so you never miss our daily job updates.