Express Travel Group, a market leader in travel services in Kenya and the owner of the Europcar Kenya franchise, is looking to hire an experienced operations manager for their Europcar Kenya division.
The ideal candidate must demonstrate a thorough understanding of ground transportation, logistics and fleet management and must have the ability to forge close relationships with key stakeholders.
Additionally, we desire a candidate who possesses strong management experience in leading large teams of professionals including drivers, client service professionals and engineers.
This role is a senior position within Express Travel Group and as such the candidate is expected to be a key and critical contributor to the long term strategy and success of the company and act with the highest degree of integrity and professionalism.
- Ability to manage day to day operations of Europcar Kenya including allocations of airport transfer vehicles and drivers including sub hires, daily hires and long / short term car leasing.
- Ability to manage a fleet of over 35 wholly owned vehicles including managing and scheduling all licensing and registration requirements, insurance coverage, repair and maintenance, cleanliness, fleet replacement etc.
- Develop strong relationships with sub hire drivers, local dealers and repairs and maintenance garages to deliver the most cost effective solutions for Express Travel Group in managing its fleet.
- Work closely with Europcar International as the franchisor for Europcar Kenya including management of client issues, new product development and management reporting.
- New business and revenue generation — the candidate will from time to time be required to assist in new business opportunities. This includes providing input on RFPs, tenders and proposals, attending sales meetings and presentations to assist the Sales and Marketing Department as a product and operations expert, scoping out the local market for new opportunities and representing the company at conferences and events. This also includes effective management of Europcar branding in the market.
- Client service- the candidate will be responsible for the daily management of client service matters including responding to emergencies as and when they may arise and to escalate significant client issues to Senior Management.
- The candidate will be responsible for the management of the daily reporting to Senior Management
- As the head of the Europcar Kenya team, the candidate will be required to manage all HR and Performance matters for the Europcar Kenya staff ensuring all staff understand the expected objectives and deliverables
- At least & years experience in a similar capacity with management responsibilities
- Bachelors degree in the relevant field
- Good communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Posses a high sense of integrity and confidentiality
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to send their CVs and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 27th January 2017
Get called for an interview; Get a free review of your CV send it to email@example.com with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
Like our FB page so you never miss our daily job updates.