In order to support the attainment of the Foundation’s overall goal of the virtual elimination of pediatric HIV and AIDS, this position is primarily responsible for identifying, developing, implementing and maintaining strategic ICT projects and initiatives to meet EGPAF Kenya’s technology needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Administer and support complete systems and user infrastructure in close coordination with EGPAF Headquarters IT Office global IT standards.
- Administer a Microsoft server and virtualization environment
- Manage information systems personnel and contractors to design, develop, implement,Operate and administer computer and telecommunications software, networks and information systems solutions.
- Design and implement LAN and WAN public and private networks in project offices
- Ensure timely backups of all necessary systems data
- Ensure high standards of systems availability across range of physical conditions as budgets allow
- Coordinate with HQ for disaster recovery planning
- Select and maintain communications systems for the country office including but not limited to:
- Telephone systems
- Online communications
- Other mobile devices
- Support all users, upgrade and maintain software ensuring that all workstations are virus free
- Provide hardware repair and support as needed
IT Management & Administration
- Ensure timely coordination and communication of country office requirements, needs and initiatives with EGPAF’s Headquarters
- Liaise with the procurement officer and HQ on the purchase of IT equipment by providing specifications on IT equipment, software and configurations
- Manage IT service providers to ensure provision of optimal service levels within the organization
- Train staff on use of various technologies in use within EGPAF in consultation with HQ
- Document country office IT systems
- Adapt systems documentation as necessary for country office use
- Supervise the IT Manager, Officer(s) and any other IT personnel.
Sub-Award Management/Procurement and Logistics
- Coordinate with Headquarters for the development, implementation, training and support of global IT systems in Kenya including:
- Intranet based on Microsoft SharePoint
- Financial systems based on cloud based QuickBooks
- Payroll systems
- Data/M&E systems
- Manage the implementation of IT based solutions as value addition to programs work within the organization and the implementation partners
- Assist with projects automation, integration and improvements to ensure efficient use of IT resources
- Provide oversight and support to any outsourced database management
- Provide appropriate change management practices to oversee the development, design and implementation of new applications and changes to existing computers systems and software packages
Compliance & Risk Management
- Ensures strictest adherence/compliance to Foundation IT policies and procedures
- Pro-actively identifies and mitigates risks/threats to Foundation ICT systems and infrastructure
- Master’s Degree in an IT related field is required; Master’s degree in any other relevant field is an added advantage
- Minimum five year’s hands on experience in Microsoft windows, server installations, configurations and active directory
- Ability to analyze, troubleshoot, support, and implement technical solutions at all levels especially the desktop
- Experience with systems documentation
- Able and willing to travel extensively and sometimes to remote places
- Ability to work well with people from diverse cultures and communicate effectively
- Ability to Manage the entire spectrum of information technology operations specially LAN/WAN/VSAT/Wireless technologies, Cisco Switches & Routers, Firewall, VPN, DNS, DHCP, etc.
For the full details of the job and submission of application, please visit:http://www.pedaids.org/pages/careers
The closing date is 3rd February 2017. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Get called for an interview; Get a free review of your CV send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with REVIEW in caps as the subject line.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
Like our Carer Agency Facebook page so you never miss our daily job updates.