AAS is seeking to recruit a highly dynamic HROM who will be responsible for the AAS Human Resources, ICT, Legal, and AAS physical facilities. The incumbent will – report to the Executive Director and l be part of the AAS Senior Management Team and work closely with the Finance and Grants Manager and Programme Managers to ensure an efficient delivery of the support services to the AAS.
Principal duties and responsibilities
The position will have general responsibility for Human Resources and Operational aspects of the AAS, including:
- Provide strong and supportive leadership and probity of AAS operations which are efficient, effective and ensure that there is proper management of all human and physical resources.
- Responsible for the design, development, operation and improvement of the operational systems that are required to deliver the organisation’s scientific mandate and programmes.
- Assist in developing, reviewing and directing the implementation of strategic plans by enhancing staff understanding, adherence and ownership of the existing operations systems, policies and procedures of the Academy.
- Ensure that the security, safety, health and environment policies are in place, adhered to and regularly reviewed.
- Managing the operational risks of the Academy as set out in the risk management strategy.
- Develop performance measures that support the Academy’s Operations;
- Liaise with appointed legal firm on legal issues.
- Oversee the management of AAS estate maintenance, including facilitating construction of any new facilities.
Professional and Experience;
- A minimum of a graduate degree plus a professional qualification in human resources or business administration from an accredited institution.
- Must be a registered member of IHRM or equivalent.
- A minimum of 10 years of progressive and continuous responsible work experience within a medium sized organisation.
- Knowledge of risk management, local tax legislation, budgeting and corporate governance.
- Ability to be responsive to the needs of all stakeholders of the organisation, including donor organisations, AAS governing bodies, and employees.
- Organisational development, human resources, and programme operations.
- Mentor and supervise staff, including regular reviews and plans for improvement.
- Leadership skills appropriate to a complex academic, training and cultural environment.
- A post graduate qualification will be an added advantage.
Behavioural and Personal qualities;
- Consultative capabilities – ability to work with all levels of the organisational staff.
- Resilience – maintaining composure and dealing effectively under pressure.
- Methodical and systematic, with a strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Action-oriented, confident and show initiative.
- Operate with integrity and ethics.
- Delivery and conscious to deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Able to foster team work.
The positions is open to qualified candidates who can work in Kenya.
Applicants must email a completed application form from the AAS website http://aasciences.ac.ke/silo/files/aas-job-application-form2.doc, curriculum vitae, and a cover letter to email@example.com with the Position and Vacancy Number as the Subject by 20 February 2017.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Get called for an interview; Get a free review of your CV send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with REVIEW in caps as the subject line.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
Like our Carer Agency Facebook page so you never miss our daily job updates.