CARE seeks the following positions for an anticipated USAID-funded project “Family Planning / Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn, Child and Adolescent Health”.
This procurement is expected to be a large five-year cooperative agreement; it is expected to be released in February 2017 and awarded in July 2017.
Location / Duty Station: Nairobi but Negotiable
CARE International is a leading humanitarian organization fighting poverty and addressing the health and wellbeing of vulnerable and marginalized individuals, families and communities worldwide.
We place special focus on working alongside poor women and girls because, equipped with proper resources, women have the power to help whole families and entire communities escape poverty. Since its founding in 1945, CARE has expanded programming to work in over 90 countries.
CARE has been operating in Kenya since 1968, working with government and a wide range of partners to alleviate poverty and its underlying causes, while building capacity for self-help through various interconnected but distinct projects implemented in various regions of Kenya.
CARE values the participation and input of the beneficiary communities in the planning and implementation of programmes.
- Accountable for technical oversight of the project (including supervisor of senior-level technical staff). Directly accountable for project implementation that relates to facility- and community-level service delivery.
- Assume a leadership role in ensuring technical implementation and ensuring the project meets stated goals and reporting requirements. Coordinate with other technical leads of key stakeholders, other USG implementing partners, and GOK, particularly at the county-level.
- Contribute to an annual project cycle in accordance with USAID’s annual planning cycles.
- With staff and partners, translate project goals and objectives into implementable strategies and plans.
- Guide team members to fulfill the project’s strategic goals and objectives. Supervise and mentor senior staff, delegating responsibilities as appropriate. Clearly communicate expectations for staff performance.
- Serve as the Chief of Party in his/her absence.
- Master’s Degree in Medicine, Nursing, Public health or related field
- Minimum of seven years of experience in managing and implementing complex public health programs of similar scope and size in a development context, with at least five of those years in Sub-Saharan Africa, preferably in Kenya.
- Minimum of five years of demonstrated experience in managing and supervising a technical team and in project design.
- Minimum of five years demonstrated experience at mid- or senior level in the following areas: maternal, newborn and child health and family planning/reproductive health AND demonstrated experience in two of the following areas: nutrition; quality improvement/quality assurance; community health, human resources for health development; M&E; and operations research.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with government representatives, for-profit private sector entities, local community organizations, donors and other stakeholders, particularly at the sub-national level.
- Strong management skills, strategic vision, leadership qualities, interpersonal skills, as well as written and oral presentation skills to fulfill the diverse technical and managerial requirements of the project description.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English; excellent demonstrated interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Experience recruiting, developing, and managing staff and teams.
- Track record of strong commitment to sharing knowledge, documenting experiences, supporting creative initiatives, and sharing credit.
- Experience managing required programmatic and financial reporting requirements.
- Ability to travel within project areas as required.
How to Apply
If you feel you meet the requirements for this position, send your application letter indicating the reference number, title of the position along with an updated CV with email and telephone contacts of three professional referees to:
The Human Resources & Development Manager,
CARE International in Kenya,
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, only short listed candidates will be contacted
CARE is an equal opportunity employer and promotes gender equity.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
CARE International in Kenya does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. (Application, interview, meeting, processing, training or any other fees).
Get called for an interview; Get a free review of your CV send it to email@example.com with REVIEW in caps as the subject line.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
Like our Carer Agency Facebook page so you never miss our daily job updates.