CARE seeks the following positions for an anticipated USAID – funded project “Family Planning / Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn, Child and Adolescent Health”.
This procurement is expected to be a large five-year cooperative agreement; it is expected to be released in February 2017 and awarded in July 2017.
Location / Duty Station: Nairobi but Negotiable
CARE International is a leading humanitarian organization fighting poverty and addressing the health and wellbeing of vulnerable and marginalized individuals, families and communities worldwide.
We place special focus on working alongside poor women and girls because, equipped with proper resources, women have the power to help whole families and entire communities escape poverty. Since its founding in 1945, CARE has expanded programming to work in over 90 countries.
CARE has been operating in Kenya since 1968, working with government and a wide range of partners to alleviate poverty and its underlying causes, while building capacity for self-help through various interconnected but distinct projects implemented in various regions of Kenya.
CARE values the participation and input of the beneficiary communities in the planning and implementation of programmes.
- Lead the design and implementation of the program monitoring and evaluation framework and information system to track delivery against outputs, outcomes and impacts.
- Lead analysis of data collected for assessment of progress and areas of improvement.
- Guide reporting processes amongst technical staff and consolidate program reports, promote learning and knowledge sharing of best practices and lessons learnt.
- Support all the technical staff in M&E functions and manage the M&E team.
- Post-graduate degree in a relevant discipline, such as mathematics, business, statistics, epidemiology or public health.
- Minimum of seven years of experience designing and implementing M&E activities for complex programs in developing countries.
- Demonstrated firm command of the M&E issues with respect to improvements in quality health service and support programs.
- Demonstrated experience in setting up and managing M&E systems that track performance as per the objectives of this project (e.g., FP/RMNCAH services, performance against each funding stream).
- Demonstrated analytical skills to measure the outcomes of the project’s activities and support project supervision.
- Strong writing and organizational skills for monitoring and reporting on program outcomes
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English; excellent demonstrated interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Ability to travel within project areas as required.
How to Apply
If you feel you meet the requirements for this position, send your application letter indicating the reference number, title of the position along with an updated CV with email and telephone contacts of three professional referees to:
The Human Resources & Development Manager,
CARE International in Kenya,
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, only short listed candidates will be contacted
CARE is an equal opportunity employer and promotes gender equity.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
CARE International in Kenya does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. (Application, interview, meeting, processing, training or any other fees).
Get called for an interview; Get a free review of your CV send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with REVIEW in caps as the subject line.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
Like our Carer Agency Facebook page so you never miss our daily job updates.