As a Sales Specialist, you will be part of the Power Grids (PG) Division and Grid Integration (GI) Business Unit (BU) based in Kenya. ABB is the world leader in Power Grid products and system provides utility, industrial and commercial customers with safe, reliable and smart technologies for the distribution of electricity. The extensive global offering includes distribution automation products, switching, limiting, measuring and sensing devices, switch gear, modular substation packages and related services.
Your Tasks as a Sales specialist will include the following:
1. Volume and profit
• Sells products/systems/services to customers, focusing on volume, mix and profitability targets for assigned Business Units/Product Groups.
• Coordinate input from various departments, including, but not limited to; operations (project management), finance and legal to develop proposals respective of customer requirements
Liaise with ABB legal counsel to review and edit legal terms and conditions of contract agreements.
2. Customer relations
• Establish and maintain effective customer relationships to understand customer needs, promote customer understanding of full product/systems/ services offering, and align to provide a solution.
• Ensure a positive customer experience throughout the sales process.
• Management of incoming RFQ / RFI for transformer service needs
3. Sales plans
• Prepares sales plans using company tools. Performs regular status reviews and proposes recovery plan(s) in cases of potential order shortfalls.
• Review and analyze customer service specifications
• Develop competitive, value-add proposals to support ABB’s service portfolio with regard to scope of work, timeline and pricing, and identifying upselling opportunities
• Proposal development in line with business unit strategy and geographic/regional objectives
• Manage individual pipeline and forecasting, coordinating sales, marketing and operations efforts with the Business Development team.
• Develop strategic sales plans with the Business Development team through identification of targeted opportunities and customers to increase market share
• Creates added value for the customer and ABB by using effective sales techniques. Communicates details in accordance with ABB offering and strategy.
• Engage in proposal and contract negotiations as needed
• Order accountability including management of receipt, review, acceptance and entry of service purchase orders
• Engage in contract hand-off to operations and project management
• Manage documentation for all proposals and orders
• Ensures efficient marketing activities and value proposition to customers.
6. New market opportunities
• Identifies and drives the development of new market opportunities in the designated market and ensures know-how sharing and cross-collaboration.
• Lead formal risk reviews on opportunities as required based on potential risk exposure to ABB
- Contract type:
- Business Unit:
- Business Unit Grid Integration
- Date posted:
- Job function:
- Publication ID: