Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Type: Full Time
Min. Experience: Mid Level
Company: Fenix International Kenya
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Application Deadline: Rolling
Compensation: Competitive salary, equity, and benefits
We’re looking for a highly motivated and entrepreneurial individual with strong administrative experience to execute and coordinate on core office operational tasks and support finance functions
Fenix International (www.fenixintl.com) is a venture-backed technology company and our mission is to transform our customers’ quality of life through disruptive innovation in energy and financial services.
Our flagship product, ReadyPay Power, is an expandable, lease-to-own home solar system financed through affordable installments from just $0.15 per day over Mobile Money. We use real-time transaction data to create a next-generation credit score to finance power upgrades or other life-changing loans. To date, we have sold over 70,000 ReadyPay Power systems in Uganda and we are growing our product portfolio and geographic coverage to bring power and a wider world of financing to over 2 million customers by 2020.
Fenix looks to launch ReadyPay nationwide in Kenya in partnership with an innovative company, leveraging on the partners existing customers.
As the Administration Associate, you will work closely with the Country Expansion Manager to execute and coordinate the set-up of office operations. As Fenix scales in Kenya, you will take on considerable administrative responsibilities, as well as play a vital role in supporting finance functions.
At Fenix, one of our core values is to think big and make things happen. As the Administration Associate at Fenix, you will embody this value. Your key functions will include:
Support Office Operations
- Support finding an appropriate space for the Fenix Kenya office, assembly plant & warehouse by contacting agents, viewing potential locations, and making recommendations
- Support the recruitment process of Fenix’s sales, operations and customer service teams through sourcing of CVs, liaising with job recruitment companies, updating information on job recruitment boards, shortlisting CVs and scheduling interviews
- Maintain a highly professional working environment, everyday (demo units set up, projector + whiteboard in every room, etc.) ensuring that the Fenix office always looks its best
- Provide support in building a conducive environment for both internal and external customers, as well as the Fenix Kenya team
- Safeguard the office, entrusted with maintaining office keys
- Oversee the day to day operations of the Fenix Kenya office including managing office support staff – caretakers, cleaners, gardener & cooks
- Answer all incoming calls as well as perform other general administration duties like data entry, scanning, filing, shredding etc.
- Assist in coordinating key activities such as team meetings, workshops and/or special events
- Take up adhoc projects from time to time as needed
Support Finance & Legal Functions
- Update company ledger i.e. Revenue and Expense entries in QuickBooks
- Maintain company asset register
- Ensure that Fenix Kenya is insured against all risks
- Meet with the necessary govt officials and file the needed paperwork to ensure that Fenix is legally complainant and has all the necessary licenses/permits to operate in Kenya
- Be responsible for the filing of Fenix’s returns (VAT, PAYE, NSSF, Annual returns etc.)
- Update minutes from Fenix BoD
- Handle the application & filing of TIN, PAYE, NSSF for Fenix Kenya employees
- Support the application and processing of work permits for foreign nationals by making the necessary follow-up with immigration
- Process all mobile money, cash and cheque payment requests
- Assist in audit preparation
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations and bank reconciliations
- Coordinate all intercompany inventory and builds in QuickBooks
- Process monthly payroll
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting or relevant education
- Strong interpersonal skills: courtesy, tact, patience and strong team orientation
- Knowledge of office and administrative practices
- Skill in both verbal and written communication
- Skill in problem solving and decision-making
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Proficient in Quickbooks
- Commitment to, and enthusiasm for, the organization’s mission and business model, and respect for our core values
- Ability to work in teams or independently
- Critical thinking skills (ability to think outside the box)
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills
- Flexible, with ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Willingness and desire to learn new ideas
Highly Desired Skills
- CPA certification
- Proficient use of Kiswahili
Please submit your resume and cover letter through the job posting at http://www.fenixintl.com/careers.
Fenix offers a competitive salary, equity and a fun work environment. We recognize the value of diversity in our workforce, and encourage all qualified candidates to apply. We thank all candidates who choose to apply, however, only those selected for a further interview will be contacted.
Get a free review of your CV send it to email@example.com with REVIEW in caps as the subject line.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
Like our Carer Agency Facebook page so you never miss our daily job updates.