…..Empowering members for life
Society Vision: To redefine financial wellness
Stima Sacco Society Ltd is a fast growing and leading country-wide based Sacco licensed by SASRA as a Deposit Taking Sacco. It has an asset base of Kshs 21.4B, a loan book of Kshs 20.5B,
and membership of over 85,000 derived from the energy, utilities,services, Governments ministries and department , small and micro enterprises (SMEs) among other sectors. Its key
priority in the 2016-2020 Strategic Plan is to transform its business model and grow the business through innovative products, unparalleled customer service, aggressive resource mobilization and expanded distribution channels. In order to achieve the planned growth, the Sacco is looking for
qualified and competent professionals to fill the following vacancies:
NETWORK SUPPORT TECHNICIAN
Reporting to the Network and Telecommunication Assistant, the Network Technician will be responsible for Installation, maintenance, troubleshooting and support of data communications
A degree in Computer Science or a diploma in ICT with 2 years’ experience.
IT network support and experience in a financial institution with branch network.
Customer service skills
Ability to explain technical issues to non-technical users
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Monitoring and responding to network problems utilizing a variety of hardware and software testing tools and techniques.
2. Tracking work in progress, recording issues and how they are dealt with.
3. Installing and configuring network hardware and software.
4. Providing technical support and training to end-users.
5. Documenting network by labeling and routing equipment and cables; recording configuration diagrams and specifications.
6. Maintaining network by troubleshooting and repairing outages.
7. Maintaining inventory of equipment and software licenses;
8. Assist Head of ICT to administer network security.
9. Assist the Head of ICT with the implementation of Society projects as required;
10. Any other duties as may be identified by the Head of ICT
Working hours, patterns and environment
40 hours a week. In some cases you may have to work shifts, including evenings and weekends.
You’ll work in an office and will spend most of your time at a computer.
You may have to travel to different sites to help users.
Career path and progression
With experience, you could move into a supervisory role.
With training and certifications, you could move into network engineering and/ or IT security
Get a free review of your CV send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with REVIEW in caps as the subject line.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
Like our Carer Agency Facebook page so you never miss our daily job updates.