The World Bank Group is one of the world’s largest sources of funding and knowledge for developing countries. It uses financial resources and extensive experience to help our client countries to reduce poverty, increase economic growth, and improve quality of life. To ensure that countries can access the best global expertise and help generate cutting-edge knowledge, the World Bank Group is constantly seeking to improve the way it works. Key priorities include delivering measurable results, promoting openness and transparency in development, and improving access to development information and data.
Duties and Accountabilities
The Senior IT Assistant will assume the following responsibilities:
- Reviews classification, metadata entry and resource description for routine records, documents and publications to assure quality (accuracy and completeness).
- Implements records retention and disposition schedules for paper holdings.
- Deliver country office training and disposition missions.
- Promotes and supports creation, organization and use of information resources and compliance with information management related policies including information classification, related directives, procedures and guidelines.
- Gathers information and requirements to support analysis of client needs and business processes. Recommends changes to services and systems that will improve records management based upon direct client feedback.
- Participates in testing and evaluation of new and existing information management systems.
- Assists in the identification and assessment of specific information management system issues and solutions.
- Provides input into policies, directives, guidelines, and procedures pertaining to information management services.
- Prepares training documentation and conducts training on IMS systems so that clients can effectively use resources and be in compliance.
- Supports marketing and outreach activities.
- Travel is required to deliver country office training and disposition missions.
Bachelor’s Degree or above in Information Management, Records Management or Archival studies.
- Related work experience (minimum 5 years) in record management or information management.
- Experience and knowledge of Change Management and Communication principles and methodologies.
- Organized, agile, persistent, and proactive. Ability to work and juggle multiple tasks within tight deadlines
- English proficiency, written and spoken a must. Knowledge of other languages a plus.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively in a fast-paced collaborative environment.
- Adaptability – Recognizes and responds appropriately to new situations.
- Business Enterprise Knowledge – Keeps informed on business operations data.
- Research and Dissemination – Understands and applies skills in information search and retrieval using taxonomies, keywords and content search mechanisms.
- Client Orientation – Takes personal responsibility and accountability for timely response to client queries, requests or needs, working to remove obstacles that may impede execution or overall success.
- Drive for Results – Takes personal ownership and accountability to meet deadlines and achieve agreed-upon results, and has the personal organization to do so.
- Teamwork (Collaboration) and Inclusion – Collaborates with other team members and contributes productively to the team’s work and output, demonstrating respect for different points of view.
Note: This is not an IT job. You do not need to apply if you do not have archival and/or record management qualifications and experience.
Selection Criteria and Electronic Application:
The successful candidate should be a holder of a Bachelor’s degree in Information Management, Records Management or Archival studies with a minimum of 5 year’s relevant experience. For further details visit www.worldbank.org/careers Click on Current Job Openings > JOB#170150. The World Bank is committed to achieving diversity of gender, race, nationality, culture and educational background. Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Closing date is 14th February 2017.
Get called for an interview; Get a free review of your CV send it to email@example.com with REVIEW in caps as the subject line.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
Like our Carer Agency Facebook page so you never miss our daily job updates.