The Standard Group comprises, The Standard Newspapers, The Nairobian, KTN, Radio Maisha, Standard Digital and Think Outdoor Services. The Group is looking for a qualified, experienced and reputable team player to fill the following position:
COPY WRITER – 2 POSITIONS
Reporting to the News Editor
OVERALL PURPOSE OF JOB
To write, re-purpose and package compelling news stories from various sources for KTN/KTN News audiences on television.
- Research and write high-impact news stories for television.
- Re-purpose stories from wire services such as Reuters and AFP for television audiences.
- Conduct phone interviews with reporters on location and news sources and develop news content from the same.
- Generate news content from television interviews and LIVE events
- Gather facts on breaking news/developing stories and fact check.
- Create appropriate headlines and captions for TV stories, ensuring they reﬂect the overriding message of the story.
- To edit scripts under the supervision of Shift Editors and other news editors.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- University Degree in Journalism /Mass Communication or a related ﬁeld from a recognized institution
- Two (2) years relevant experience.
SKILLS AND OTHER ATTRIBUTES
- Judgement or discretion required.
- Ability to make independent decisions
- Knowledge of routine(s).
If you possess the above qualiﬁcations and the drive to meet the challenge, visit our website www. standardmedia.co.ke/recruitment to browse through the current openings/vacancies and apply not later than Friday 3rd February, 2017.
This is on a one year contractual basis subject to review.
Please note that ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Standard Group is an equal opportunity employer and as such, canvassing of any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
Get a free review of your CV send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with REVIEW in caps as the subject line.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
Like our Carer Agency Facebook page so you never miss our daily job updates.