The Standard Group comprises, The Standard Newspapers, The Nairobian, KTN, Radio Maisha, Standard Digital and Think Outdoor Services. The Group is looking for a qualified, experienced and reputable team player to fill the following position:
DIGITAL CONTENT MANAGER
The incumbent will be able to provide editorial direction for digital platforms, managing content, building audiences and spearheading product development ; set and enforce policies and procedures at Standard Digital; wholly responsible for drawing up and managing the unit’s budget; drive the company’s editorial strategy for digital platforms and responsible for all Standard Digital websites, Apps, social media and all other digital platforms.
- Driving innovation across all digital content segments in-line with strategy;
- Editorial conception and management – deﬁning a rolling annual editorial plan and coherent editorial lines;
- Handling content strategy, planning and development by establishing a reader/viewer analysis and outreach plan,
quarterly and annual, reporting to the management against this plan;
- Planning respective editorial department schedules;
- Driving and monitoring the movement of content;
- Driving trafﬁc, social media presence using modern tools and techniques;
- Use of appropriate analytic tools to monitor and report on trafﬁc;
- Ensuring quality and appropriate quantity of content for viewing/publishing across all digital platforms;
- Leading, directing and motivating staff which includes setting KPIs, coordinating, planning, disciplining and
resolving job related issues; Develop talent and skill pool to sustain the business unit.
- Budget preparing and managing the annual digital editorial budget
- Overseeing the overall operations in digital editorial
- Work with technical team to identify and deploy latest trends and best practice in digital technologies, respective features and appropriate content.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors degree in Journalism or mass Communication, or an equivalent from a recognised institution.
- Relevant professional qualiﬁcation from a recognised institution.
- Membership in a relevant professional body
- 7 years’ relevant experience, at least 3 of them in a supervisory role.
If you possess the above qualiﬁcations and the drive to meet the challenge, visit our website www.standardmedia.co.ke/recruitment to browse through the current openings/vacancies and apply not later than 13th February, 2017.
Please note that ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Standard Group is an equal opportunity employer and as such, canvassing of any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
Get a free review of your CV send it to email@example.com with REVIEW in caps as the subject line.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
Like our Carer Agency Facebook page so you never miss our daily job updates.