Job Description – Welfare Assistant (170001HX)
Job Details Welfare Assistant (Job Number: 170001HX)
Location: Kenya-Rift Valley-Kericho-Kericho-Plantations
Job Field : Supply Chain
Posting Date : Feb-09-2017
End Date: Feb-23-2017
Job Type: Regular
Shift: Day Job
Job Schedule : Full-time
MAIN JOB PURPOSE:
To support the implementation of welfare policies, guidelines, programs and the Safety for Women, Boys and Girls program in close cooperation with the operational units and the departments.
• Provide specific support in defining welfare standards for welfare facilities and activities i.e. houses, schools, social halls etc.
• Conduct regular inspections and audits of welfare facilities and develop corrective action plans in consultation with Unit managers in your zone and the Welfare Manager.
• Coordinate research and data collection on Social Capital expenditure project needs amongst employees and advise Welfare manager on employee needs and satisfaction levels.
• Coordinate monthly Dignity Enhancement Committee meetings in respective units and departments in line with the Charter
• Analyse the trend of welfare and Social Gender Based Violence related complaints and cases in your zone, identify hotspots and root causes and design interventions to address them in consultation with the Welfare Manager and the Unit Manager.
• Cascade all Welfare policies and the Code of Business Principles to all employees in your zones
• Jointly with the Welfare Manager work with external stakeholders to deliver trainings relating to human rights, counselling amongst other welfare needs.
• Provide assistance in the development of concept notes, project plans and documents, policy frameworks and gender issues for best practises as requested by the Welfare Manager
• Lead in the designing of specific programmatic interventions with respect to the Safety programme in the zone.
• Support in the conceptualization and implementation of welfare social campaigns on SGBV, human rights and Code of Business Principles.
• Implement the Welfare Grievance guidelines
• Provide psychosocial support to survivors of Gender Based Violence, their family and other persons in need.
• Coordinating with teachers on Unilever Tea Kenya schools to provide school-based services for children who have been affected by or are survivors of gender-based violence.
• Participate in the preparation of Unit welfare budgets
• Work closely with the local administration and other stakeholders to protect the rights of the child and manage conflict at Zonal level.
• A degree in any Social Sciences, Psychology, Sociology, Human Resources
• At least 2 years relevant experience in a reputable organization.
• Experience and understanding of Gender development and human rights
• Experience in provision of psycho social support.
Get a free review of your CV send it to email@example.com with REVIEW in caps as the subject line.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
Like our Carer Agency Facebook page so you never miss our daily job updates.