Andela extends engineering teams with world-class software developers. We recruit the most talented developers on the African continent, shape them into technical leaders, and place them as full-time distributed team members with companies that range from Microsoft and IBM to dozens of high-growth startups. Backed by Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, GV (Google Ventures) and Spark Capital, Andela is building the next generation of global technology leaders. Passion, excellence, entrepreneurial spirit, and rejecting the status quo are just a few of the things that Andela team members have in common.
We have a vision to train 100,000 world-class developers in the next 10 years – and we want you to help make it happen.
Under the management of the operations head, the procurement associate will manage all procurement and supply chain functions at Andela.
- Receive and process requisitions from different user departments including confirmation of budget approvals.
- Sourcing and Prequalification of suppliers and ensuring Andela has a lean supplier base.
- Establish and manage all vendor relations
- Represent the interests of the company in all supplier negotiation, ensure the company gets the best deals that project best value for money, set up and manage supplier contracts.
- Manage the process of supplier evaluation, cost analysis and selection
- Work with finance to process purchase orders.
- Ensure all procurement transactions are properly documented
- Receiving of commodities and processing invoices through the finance department.
- Expediting orders and ensuring goods are delivered on time.
- Creating a process around procurement across all departments in the organization, in conjunction with Finance and Operations.
- Conduct value chain and total cost analysis on various sourcing options (eg. local vs. International, centralized vs. Decentralized) on high value purchases, from time to time and advice the management on the best sourcing strategy to adopt.
- Conduct market surveys regularly to ensure to ensure the company is getting supplies at the most competitive rates and the goods supplied comply to industry standards.
- Developing a procurement plan for the organization and manage implementation.
- Monitor consumption of goods and services at the organization and make proposals to the head of operations on possible cost management options.
- Managing import and export of goods.
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Breakfast, lunch and snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the plane
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Get a free review of your CV send it to email@example.com with REVIEW in caps as the subject line.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
Like our Carer Agency Facebook page so you never miss our daily job updates.