The Standard Group comprises, The Standard Newspapers, The Nairobian, KTN, Radio Maisha, Standard
Digital and Think Outdoor Services. The Group is looking for a qualified, experienced and reputable team
player to fill the following position:
PRINT PRODUCTION – PRINTER
Reporting to the Supervisor- Print, the Printer will be expected to deliver on operational and technical
requirements in accordance with quality standards.
Key result areas will include:
• Daily planning and production of the company and external clients publication;
• Adhering to the standard operating policy by reviewing job orders and determining job specifications
such as; Pagination, deadlines, supply demand and colour sequencing.
• Control and maintaining high quality standard of the printed products consistently during press run;
• Timely detection and resolving of printing related defects at the shortest time possible
• Performs all regular daily, weekly, or monthly maintenance activities for the presses and other pressroom
equipment in compliance with maintenance schedule.
• Ensure equipment and operator’s safety inclusive of the press-hall housekeeping standards
• Generating production and maintenance reports as required.
Skills, knowledge and experience requirement:
• Completion of secondary school education.: KCSE certificate
• Completion of a college program in printing technology: Diploma in Printing Technology.
• Three years on-the-job working experience on web offset press will be an added advantage.
• A growing knowledge of the use of and application of inks to paper and of the various chemicals and
materials used in the pressroom.
• Basic mechanical skills and ability to acquire knowledge and understanding of the operation of web-
offset offset printing presses in general.
• Must possess a strong commitment to quality of work produced
• Ability to comprehend and effectively follow oral and written instructions with minimal supervision.
• Computer literacy.
If you possess the above qualifications and the drive to meet the challenge, visit our website www. standardmedia.co.ke/recruitment to browse through the current openings/vacancies and apply not later
than 20th February, 2017.
Please note that ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Standard Group is an equal opportunity employer and as such, canvassing of any form will lead to automatic
Get a free review of your CV send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with REVIEW in caps as the subject line.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
Like our Carer Agency Facebook page so you never miss our daily job updates.