Job Title Accountant – Foundation
Organization Name Corporate Responsibility Department
We are pleased to announce the following vacancy in the Corporate Responsibility Department within the Corporate Affairs Division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Foundations Finance, the holder of the position will be responsible for ensuring efficient and effective use of the Safaricom and M-PESA Foundations funds through the development and implementation of sound and prudent financial management tools for the Foundations, and their grantees
- Preparing and maintaining grant agreements for all approved projects
- Payment processing for all approved projects and other Operational activities as approved by the M-Pesa Trustees.
- Payments and payment reconciliation for all projects
- Conduct due diligence for would be project beneficiaries and follow up for grant agreement documents to be submitted.
- Posting, recording and reconciliation of all transactions in ERP ensuring the GL is supported by the sub ledger
- Carry out Project Reconciliations
- Carry out bank reconciliations for all foundations bank accounts
- Updating project data base report with all Foundation approved projects and payments disbursed
- Assisting with information to prepare Board pack reports for M-Pesa Foundation board.
- Maintain database of Projects with Project Manager and ensure its reconciled
- Working with external and internal auditors to ensure that all information requested is availed and audits are concluded promptly without issues
- Monthly evaluation of project proposals as per the foundation strategy
- Review of all financial reports from Grantees, both half year and annual reports
- Qualified Accountant with CPA (K)/ACCA or equivalent with an Honors degree from a recognized university.
- 2-3 years Accounting experience in a well-run company; highly computer literate; ability to work without supervision; drive for results
- Ability to meet strict deadlines
- High integrity and openness combined with commitment to good governance.
- Working with a computerized accounting system preferably with Oracle applications
- Ability to relate well with both internal and external customers and work in teams
- Self- drive for results.
- Strong analytical skills and strategic thinking
- Very strong communication skills – verbal and written
Get a free review of your CV send it to email@example.com with REVIEW in caps as the subject line.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
Like our Carer Agency Facebook page so you never miss our daily job updates.