The Management University of Africa (MUA) is a private University in Kenya located off Mombasa Road in Nairobi. We envision being a premier university providing management and transformative leadership solutions worldwide. We are looking for a dynamic, selfdriven and result oriented professional to fill the following positions:-
The position is charged with the day to day implementation of the procurement policy and procedures under the guidance of the Procurement Manager by administering the procurement processes in accordance with the approved policy and procedures.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES WILL ENTAIL
- Coordinate the development of the School’s annual procurement plan;
- Review tender specifications from user departments for approval by the Procurement Manager;
- Approve purchase requisitions that are compliant with procurement plan and approved budget;
- Undertake secretariat services to the Procurement Committee;
- Initiate local purchase orders and service contracts for approved procurement;
- Coordinate establishment of appropriate storage of bulk supplies including development of appropriate inventory management and issuance procedures;
- Coordinate receipt and inspection of orders and completed contracts;
- Coordinate logistics for distribution of common supplies to users;
- Ensure an efficient issues systems for stores items to users ensuring adherence to budgets;
- Ensure quality, cost effective and timely documentation of all procurement processes;
- Put in place system for continuous monitoring of stock level for stores items for timely replenishment and quality management;
- Interpret contract provisions and review contracts for accuracy and changes prior to bidding and renewal;
- Ensure maintenance of complete documentation of each order and contract from tendering to full payment;
- Ensure quality and timely production of documentation of contracts and tenders ensuring the School’s interests in all supply arrangements are protected;
- Participate in the conduct of market price surveys;
- Monitor, document and report on the progress of every supply order and contract at agreed intervals;
- Carryout any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A Bachelors degree in Business, Procurement or Supply Chain Management from a recognized university
- Full professional qualification in Procurement or Supplies Management
- Possession of ICDL
- At least 6 years of relevant experience
KEY PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Competence in supply chain management
- Competence in procurement planning
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Good knowledge of Procurement and Contract Law
- Competence in market price surveys
- Good planning and organization skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Well developed analytical and presentation skills
- Correctness of tender specifications;
- Completeness and accuracy of documentation for procurement committee meetings;
- Timeliness in preparation of LPO’s and Contracts;
- Adherence to procurement policy and procedures;
- Adherence to supply schedules by suppliers;
- Timeliness in completion of payment
Interested candidates who satisfy the requirements below should forward their applications accompanied by a detailed CV, email address, day time telephone contact, name and address of three referees. The applications should reach the undersigned not later than 28th February 2017. The Management University of Africa is an equal opportunity employer.
The Management University of Africa is an equal opportunity employer.
THE VICE – CHANCELLOR
The Management University of Africa
P. O. Box 29677 – 00100,
Get a free review of your CV send it to email@example.com with REVIEW in caps as the subject line.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
Like our Carer Agency Facebook page so you never miss our daily job updates.