The Management University of Africa (MUA) is a private University in Kenya located off Mombasa Road in Nairobi. We envision being a premier university providing management and transformative leadership solutions worldwide. We are looking for a dynamic, selfdriven and result oriented professional to fill the following positions:-
1.0 SENIOR HUMAN RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT OFFICER
The Senior Human Resource Officer will report to the Head of the Human Resources Department and will be responsible for the day to day operations of the Department. As a key member of the Human resource team, he/she will work closely with the Head of Human Resources to build and maintain good relationships with employees across the University. He/she will act as a key point of contact for managers in providing efficient, effective, comprehensive and professional frontline Human Resource services within University policies, procedures and the law.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES;
- Assist with developing, updating and implementing Human resource policies and procedure. This position is central to the implementation of the University’s Human Resource Strategy including the Human resource annual plan, building the base of an outstanding Human Resource function, which will provide proactive Human Resource solutions aimed at enhancing organisational performance.
- Act as a key point of contact for line managers for employee relations issues and provide advice and guidance in line with the University policies, procedures, employment law and best practice. You will ensure compliance with the legal and statutory requirements. In addition, you will be required to support and coach line managers through all aspects of Human Resource management and employment law in order to build their knowledge and capabilities.
- Manage core Human Resources services in a professional and efficient manner, including recruitment, staff departures, HR information systems and data, benefits administration, efficient coordination of service providers, coordination of staff training and development including orientation and induction.
- Provide front line support and advice on all people related issues, particularly discipline, grievance, performance and sickness. Proactively and effectively manage these cases through to completion; ensuring robust and timely completion. Facilitate exit interviews and process the feedback as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in a business related field/ Human Resource from a recognized University.
- Post graduate diploma in Human Resources Management is an added advantage
- Experience in a busy Human Resources Department for a minimum of 6 years
- Computer literacy and efficiency in the use of Microsoft Office packages Page 2 of 5
- Those with experience in Training and a Training of Trainers (TOT) certificate will have added advantage.
- Good administrative and coordination skill. g) Ability to manage and sustain high cost center performance, compliance and performance Standards.
- Be a team player and possess excellent interpersonal, communication both oral and written, report writing and presentation skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, honest, trustworthy with a high degree of personal integrity
- A people person with ability to win trust.
- Creativity, innovation, objectivity, insight and ability to work with minimum supervision.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates who satisfy the requirements below should forward their applications accompanied by a detailed CV, email address, day time telephone contact, name and address of three referees. The applications should reach the undersigned not later than 28th February 2017. The Management University of Africa is an equal opportunity employer.
The Management University of Africa is an equal opportunity employer.
THE VICE – CHANCELLOR
The Management University of Africa
P. O. Box 29677 – 00100,
Get a free review of your CV send it to email@example.com with REVIEW in caps as the subject line.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
Like our Carer Agency Facebook page so you never miss our daily job updates.