AutoXpress is Kenya’s leading supplier of tyres, wheels, batteries, suspension parts, and vehicle services with an existing countrywide network of 29 branches. We represent world-class brands extending superior service to our customers with an identifiable difference. As we expand our network, we are looking to recruit a dynamic individual who will deputize the Chief Accountant-Kenya. Details of the position are outlined below
DEPUTY CHIEF ACCOUNTANT – NAIROBI, KENYA
Under the supervision of the Chief Accountant, the person will be responsible for a wide range of accounting duties in the analysis, preparation and maintenance of financial records and reports,
budgetary control and management to ensure effective and efficient utilization of resources in line with company financial management policies and procedures. The position shall also oversee the statutory and legal compliance. S/he shall assist in providing mentoring, guidance and supervision to a team of nine accountants.
This position is based in Nairobi, Kenya.
THE MAIN DUTIES/ RESPONSIBILITIES
• Confirm that all financial information relating to branch activities is verified, allocated, posted and reconciled
• Review supplier reconciliations, payments and ensuring payments are done within set terms and limits
• Oversee the maintenance of the fixed asset register and controls over Company’s assets
• Support month-end and year-end close process
• Assist the Chief Accountant to produce error-free accounting reports
• Analyse branch performance reports
• Be involved in the budget preparation process in liaison with stake holders
• Oversee compliance with respect to the company’s statutory and legal obligations.
• Assist the Chief Accountant in internal and external audits including assisting in preparing the financial statements
• Plan, assign and review staff ’s work
• Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures
• Provide input into department’s goal setting process
• Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
• Assist in payroll processing as and when required
• Ensure compliance with IFRS standards
• Ensure department adheres to ISO standards and practices
• Perform any other ad hoc duties as required
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
a) ACCA/CPA (K) qualification
b) Minimum of 5 years relevant experience of which at least 2 years should have been in a similar role in a commercial organisation
c) Computer literate with strong skills in Microsoft Office
d) Working knowledge of Kenyan tax Laws
e) Working knowledge of ERP (preferably SAP B1) will be an added advantage
f) Excellent communication, analytical and problem solving skills
g) Must be a Kenya Citizen.
Please send your application letter, CV, copies of educational certificates, current and expected remuneration to email@example.com by Tuesday 28th February, 2017
Visit http://www.auto-xpress.com for more information
Get a free review of your CV send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with REVIEW in caps as the subject line.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
Like our Carer Agency Facebook page so you never miss our daily job updates.