Kenya Red Cross Society is one of the largest humanitarian organizations in Kenya. Its Vision is to be the most effective, trusted and self-sustaining humanitarian organization in Kenya serving present and future generations.
The Society is looking for a qualified person to fill the following position:
Position Title: Plant Mechanic
Reporting to: WASH Manager
Job Location: Dadaab Refugee Operation
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Support the WASH Manager in preparation of regular reports on the boreholes yields, daily production, fuel consumption and running hours of the gensets.
• Servicing and preventive maintenance on all the boreholes, Hospitals, Health Post and Base camps Generators.
• Major overhaul of gensets upon breakdowns and during hourly schedule.
• Respond to breakdowns and do repairs of all the generators.
• Ensure cleanliness and safety of gensets is maintained.
• Maintenance of the pump house cleanliness and safety and ensure proper arrangement of the equipment and plants in the Pump house are as required.
• Keep records of all the repairs done to the Diesel driven generators and the running hours of the Generators to ensure timely servicing.
• Prepare monthly reports on jobs and conditions of all the relevant system.
• Supporting the WASH Manager – procurement of the necessary fast moving spare parts, and working tools for the repair of the Diesel driven Generators , PV Solar Generators and Submersible pumps.
• Reduce overall maintenance cost (spares & consumables) & utility cost on diesel driven generators
• Trouble shooting of mechanical/electrical on generators, PV Solar generators and its components and other accessories.
• Executing of preventive maintenance and condition monitoring of all the generators, submersible pumps and PV Solar generators and updating their related records.
• At least Diploma/Degree in plant mechanic from a recognized college/University
• At least two (2) years’ experience of working in a plant/factory.
• Strong communication skills: oral, written and presentation skills.
• Should be a team player and culturally sensitive.
• Demonstrated proficiency in computer applications such as word processing, spreadsheets and utilization of the internet.
• Excellent report writing skills.
• Strong leadership, team building, conflict resolution and ability to deliver the Society’s strategic objectives.
• Extremely flexible, and have the ability to cope with stressful situations.
Applications MUST contain:
Letter of application, curriculum vitae, copies of relevant certificates, address and contacts of two referees.
All applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org So as to reach not later than Friday, 3rd March 2017.
Please indicate the position title as the email subject
(ONLY EMAILED APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED)
Get a free review of your CV send it to email@example.com with REVIEW in caps as the subject line.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
Like our Carer Agency Facebook page so you never miss our daily job updates.