(Job Number: NAI000489)
Do you see yourself as a Room Service Order Taker?
What’s your passion? Whether you’re into tennis, shopping or karaoke, at IHG we’re interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies – people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we’re looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
InterContinental Nairobi is situated along City Hall way in Nairobi overlooking the City and a 5 minutes drive from the City Centre. The Hotel is located 16kms from JKIA Airport which is a 30 minutes drive. The Parliament buildings are a short stroll away, the Kenyatta International Conference Centre is right next door and Nairobi National Park, Museum Hill and the Elephant Orphanage are within easy reach.
The Hotel is an ideal venue for experiencing great room comfort, has excellent Banquet and Catering facilities, having one of the largest ballrooms in Nairobi and it boasts of 3 Restaurants and 2 Bars.
InterContinental Hotels are synonymous with excellence in customer service. At the InterContinental Nairobi, we commit ourselves in creating unforgettable experiences for our guests, providing personalized service, anticipating and fulfilling our customers’ needs. InterContinental Nairobi has, for years been an oasis for business travelers’ as well as those who want to experience the wonders of Africa. At the moment we have an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as a Room Service Order Taker. You will be responsible for assisting in leading and supervising the sales team, oversee the day to day sales activities, implement action plans and accomplish goals and set targets, whereby your role will include key responsibilities such as:
- Taking orders from the Room Guest in an efficient and courteous way.
- Ensuring that the guest order is correctly passed in the kitchen
- Following up the orders with waiter and captains to avoid any further delay.
- Ensuring that the set of trolleys and trays are correctly prepared according to the Menu Orders.
- Ensure that the guest bills are correctly priced signed by guest and return to Room service and posted to the guest room folio.
- Assist Room Service Head Waiter in Attending to the guest complaint.
- Coordinating with Kitchen Staff regarding Food & Service.
- Complies with Hotel Health, Safety and Hygiene Policy
Ideally, you’ll have some or all of the following qualifications and experience we’re looking for:
Diploma or Bachelors degree in Hotel Management
Minimum 2 years in a similar capacity.
Excellent communication skills.
: Room Service
Mar 10, 2017, 11:59:00 PM
Get a free review of your CV send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with REVIEW in caps as the subject line.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
Like our Carer Agency Facebook page so you never miss our daily job updates.
JOIN OUR TELEGRAM GROUP FOR JOBS