Oracle Advanced Customer Services is a Global Line of Business within the Oracle Support Services Organisation.
Advanced Customer Services (ACS) is the fastest growing business at Oracle today, and provides Mission Critical Support for all Oracle technologies. With 4,000+ advanced support engineers, working in 127 countries and 45 languages, and a dedicated sales force in every Oracle region, ACS is an innovative, dynamic, high-performing organization. The ideal candidate is very comfortable working in fast-paced environment, adept at establishing credibility quickly with colleagues outside of his/her immediate team, is committed to “getting it done” in a high quality and dependable manner, and infuses his/her team with a positive, collaborative attitude as well as a competitive spirit.
Brief Posting Description
Develop and manage the Oracle Support relationship for customers who have purchased an Advanced Customer Services (ACS) support contract. Strive to provide a high degree of satisfaction and protect and enhance Support revenue streams.
Primary: To successfully manage the delivery of customer projects according to the contractual details.
The Technical Account Manager is responsible for maintaining and managing the ACS contract relationship with the customer. The TAM helps the customer leverage their ACS services to maximize the value from their Oracle investment and achieve desired business outcomes. The TAM ensures that customers and decision makers are influenced and promptly resolves key issues and problems.
• Manages designated portfolio of projects and/or contracts and works to objectives, as directed by Oracle Advanced Customer Services (ACS) line manager
• Manage the overall service delivery defined by the contract which in many circumstances will involve parties or resources from other lines of business and/or Oracle business partners
• Collaborates effectively with ACS sales and resourcing teams and other Oracle lines of business such Systems Support, Hardware & Licence Sales and Consulting to enhance the customer experience
• Works with partner organisations and other third parties as required
• Work closely with other ASMs to identify and develop innovative ways of delivering service to the customer
• Support the ACS sales team in positioning ACS additional services and building service solutions
• Manages documentation and uses Oracle business systems as appropriate
• Be the single point of contact within Oracle for the customer, acting as their advocate for the service you are responsible for delivering
• Manage the contract or delivery engagement as defined by ACS line management, including creating and maintaining accurate documentation
• Maintain the Oracle business systems to ensure systems are up to date with the correct/current information (resource assignment, timecards, rates, completion estimates, invoice details etc.) to ensure that services are delivered efficiently, invoices are generated in a timely manner and revenues are recognised promptly
• Plan and deploy resources to ensure effective delivery within agreed budgetary constraints
• Where appropriate create and maintain the ACS service delivery or project plan
• Where appropriate (determined by contact type) create, maintain, communicate and achieve the quarterly revenue forecast for each contract
• Proactively manage the contract/project delivery to completion / customer acceptance
• Proactively report on any potential risks / issues that may impact service delivery or customer satisfactions
• Manage any customer escalation that may arise
• Ensure all contract-related systems and documentation required, either contractually or as part of a programme, are up to date and accurate
• Monitor and report revenue forecast and margin estimates, revenue and margin achievements for each contract
• Work in line with customer working practices and procedures, if contractually agreed
• Operate in line with Oracle ACS’s business processes and procedures
• Operate in line with Oracle Global and local HR policies and procedures
• Excellent communication / relationship building skills
• Customer focussed and results oriented
• Ability to work under pressure in highly escalated situations
• Organised with strong attention to detail
• Decision making / problem solving skills
• Ability to manage multiple concurrent activities (customer engagements)
• University Degree or comparable education/professional experience
• Experience with the deployment of large IT environments
• Perennial work experience in Support, Consulting, Education or Pre-Sales would be ideal
• English is a must, any additional language a plus.
• The role involves 50% Travel time
As part of Oracle’s employment process candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment screening process, prior to an offer being made. This will involve identity and employment verification, salary verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).
The Service Delivery Manager is responsible for maintaining and managing the ACS contract relationship with the customer. The SDM helps the customer leverage their ACS services coupled with their Premier Support contract to maximize the value from their Oracle investment and achieve desired business outcomes. Ensures that customers and decision makers are influenced and promptly resolves key issues and problems.
The SDM’s responsibilities falls into five major areas: ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT, COORDINATION OF CONTRACT DELIVERABLES, CUSTOMER ADVOCACY, ESTABLISH SERVICE VALUE PROPOSITION, and assist with BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT. The specific details of their responsibilities and task will vary with the type of contract or contracts being covered. ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT: Works proactively with the customer to understand key customer projects, pertinent goals, and customer KPIs. Develops an account plan and strategy for leveraging the acquired ACS services to achieve the desired value-based objectives. Perform ongoing account oversight and conduct periodic Account Reviews. COORDINATION OF CONTRACT DELIVERABLES: Develop a Service Delivery Plan that maps key account objectives to specific contract deliverables identified with the ACS contracts. Manage the Delivery Plan, coordinate resource assignments, and manage Projects to drive the desired results and deliver high-value to the customer. Properly manage project efforts to prevent scope-creep and ensure optimal profit margin. CUSTOMER ADVOCACY: Serves as the customer advocate within Oracle focusing on Support LOB issues, but also providing assistance across all lines of business. Customer advocacy needs the SDM both clearly articulating the customers position, but also manage the customer’s expectations (and represent the interests of Oracle). ESTABLISH SERVICE VALUE PROPOSITION: The SDM works collaboratively with the customer and other members of the account team to understand the Key Business Specifications, the appropriate KPIs, and the associated Payback Avenues to drive ROI for the customer. BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT: Recognizes and solicits business opportunities within customer accounts and develops to the point where the sales organization can engage in deal pursuit.
Demonstrates in-depth understanding of customers’ industries and core business processes, and their technical and business needs. Builds significant long-term relationships with key customer contacts. Significant background in Professional Services, Account Management, Project Management, Enterprise IT Management, Customer Support, Enterprise software deployments, and substantial Business Acumen. PMP and standard ITIL Certification is desirable. Strong interpersonal skills, Extensive customer “face-to-face” experience at middle or executive levels, Strong relationship building skills, Solid industry experience/knowledge Conflict management skills, time management and self management ability, Strong management skills, Expertise in large (multi-site or international project management, Business acumen, Strong team orientation. Substantial experience in IT/Account Management.
: Regular Employee Hire
Get a free review of your CV send it to email@example.com with REVIEW in caps as the subject line.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
Like our Carer Agency Facebook page so you never miss our daily job updates.