Reporting to: Director, Strathmore University Medical Centre
Department: Strathmore University Medical Centre
Basic job Summary:
To facilitate decision making through provision of financial information to the management collated through researching and analyzing of relevant financial data and preparation of various reports.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Post transactions in the Financial system and ensure that all the necessary documentation is properly maintained
- Implement the recommended accounting controls
- Guide the cashier at the clinic by coordinating activities and query clarifications
- Prepare the departmental financial reports
- Manage the suppliers-opening credit accounts, receive and process invoices
- Prepare and send out invoices to various debtors and do follow up on the same
- Manage debt collection and follow up on due accounts at the clinic
- Confirm daily cash collections and banking
- Provide the necessary support in the Health Management System Project
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting, Finance or in Business Management
- Full professional qualification in accountancy i.e. CPA-K, ACCA or its equivalent
Minimum Experience required:
- A minimum of one year experience in a busy accounting environment
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Highly attentive to details
- A person of high integrity
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
Knowledge & Skills:
- IT skills in basic Microsoft office and accounting packages.
Are you qualified for this position and are interested in working with us? We would like to hear from you. Send a copy of your updated resume and letter of application (only) quoting “Accountant – SUMC” on the subject line of the email to email@example.com by 5th March 2017.
Due to the large number of applications we may receive, kindly note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Get a free review of your CV send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with REVIEW in caps as the subject line.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
Like our Carer Agency Facebook page so you never miss our daily job updates.