Reporting to the Country Head Sub-region East Africa, your role will be instrumental in directing and contributing to the Market Access (MA) strategy through leadership and strengthening of our MA capabilities and impact in-country. Developing clear MA vision and policy and driving optimal access to Roche portfolio on the market by influencing & partnership building capability within a regulated and compliance-driven environment. Acting as a thought leader, you will ensure an effective strategic account management process.
Your main responsibilities are:
- Driving MA initiatives in-country through creation of tools to enable local access including supporting the development of Centers of Excellence for key therapeutic areas
- Maintaining external relationships with policy makers and key access stakeholders and focusing on development of market & MA capabilities in key areas including government, alternative access initiatives, etc
- Steering successful reimbursement outcomes for products through creation of high quality, timely and innovative health economic outputs for payers; leading the development of tools to support local access optimization (eg, budget impact models)
- Ensuring a holistic Strategic Account Management (SAM) approach across entire portfolio in cross-functional alignment to deliver effective SAM process
- Supporting the market preparation for launch brands and collaborating internally with medical & franchise teams to bring forward relevant clinical & health economics evidence and deployment of MA plans
- Managing the budget, resources, cost planning & allocation while driving delivery of country MA projects
- Managing routes to market appropriately both in line with business needs, driving effective tender processes and handling parallel trade issues as needed
- Seeking & facilitating active & close alignment with global and regional functions
You’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
Successful candidates will meet the following requirements:
- University degree or professional pharmacy / medical degree; MBA or post graduate qualification is an advantage
- Previous experience within pharma, FMCG or highly regulated industry including oil & gas, utilities, etc., in a business leadership position with high exposure to market access, public & government affairs, communication, sales/marketing
- Solid business partnering expertise & ability for influencing & communicating effectively in a matrix organization; substantial experience working with diverse senior leaders and negotiating with external decision-makers while building trustful & effective relationships
- Leadership scope & people development focus and excellent track record of strong performance & delivery
- Strategic thinking and high drive towards achievement of results & customer focus in a complex environment
- Excellent written and spoken language skills in English
Get a free review of your resume send it to email@example.com with REVIEW in caps as the subject line.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
Like our Carer Agency Facebook page so you never miss our daily job updates.