The exciting and challenging position of Group Training Editor has arisen in the Editorial Department of the Nation Media Group and we invite applicants who are result-oriented, dynamic, self-driven and fully conversant with the digital driven content creation and newsroom realities to apply. The position will be based in the Nation Centre office in Nairobi.
The Group Training Editor will report to the Editor In Chief. He/She will be charged with the responsibility of improving the content creation and story-telling skills of all NMG journalists, across the Eastern Africa region and on all the platforms.
Key result areas will include:
- Developing and implementing in-house training programmes for improving editorial skills for all journalists. He/She will ensure that the training programmes align with the latest technology especially mobile, online and social media developments.
- Teach and/or supervise outsourced training of selected editorial modules.
- Identify journalists with potential for growth and improvement and arrange provision for the required training whether in-house or external.
- Be responsible for the short-listing, testing, recruitment and induction of new staff, and specifically for the Media Lab programme that NMG runs for its entry-level journalists from across the region.
- Develop and elaborate continuous education and upskilling programme for staff across the professional ladder ensuring that all NMG journalists remain on top of their professional game.
- Conduct annual review of the house stylebook.
- Generate and control the annual training and budget.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills required:
- An advanced university degree in journalism and communication, and substantial newsroom experience (with at least 10 years in a senior editorial leadership role) will be required at a minimum.
- Training as a teacher or experience in a training role and module development will be a distinct advantage.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills are key. It should be a person of high integrity and a self-driver.
If you meet the above criteria, please apply(Remember to upload your application and CV on your profile) on or before 10th April, 2017. Candidates from the East African Countries are encouraged to apply.
N/B: We shall only contact shortlisted candidates.
Get a free review of your resume send it to email@example.com with REVIEW in caps as the subject line.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
Like our Carer Agency Facebook page so you never miss our daily job updates.