How do companies keep track of the overflow of data in a technology driven market? How can data be turned into an asset? How does one discern good data from unusable data? If you have a genuine interest in organizing data for profit, then perhaps you should consider this role at enya, “The Kingdom Bank”, and the place for those looking to new horizons.
You are brilliant, you drive results in a big way and you get things done. You are self-driven and have great follow-through. You have cultivated your technical and soft skills and established a respect for real-time data and the importance of data in informing business decisions. You are highly analytical with a keen interest in Data analytics.
You are well experienced in guiding enterprise data management initiatives in key business areas and in operationalizing data governance and you possess expertise in creating and deploying best practices and methodologies and knowledge about managing and leading technical data analytics teams across multiple departments while keeping a strategic perspective.
The data governance lead will be responsible for administering data policies, standards and procedure, for managing and implementing the enterprise data blueprint, for protecting data assets and stakeholder interests, and for providing support that enables data governance across the enterprise. The role holder will also lead and coordinate data stewardship and the governance organization towards setting policies, standards, architecture, and procedures, as well as resolving data related issues. The data organization includes data stewards, platform stewards, lead data stewards, and the Data Governance Council.
Specifically, the successful jobholder will be required to:
- Drive the design, development, implementation, and application of the enterprise data governance program.
- Establish a formal approach to managing the data assets through process, rules, policies and practices.
- Coordinate the Data Governance Council – plan and direct meetings, work to resolve issues, drive strategic direction.
- Work with the business units and corporate functions to establish effective data stewardship framework that work closely with the Data Governance Council.
- Define and implement key data governance tools to support the processes.
- Support strategic direction by drawing on information from multiple sources and using guidelines to analyze what information is important and how it should be used.
- Achieves results by overseeing tasks through to completion, working within agreed priorities, committing to achieving quality outcomes, and seeking feedback from supervisors to gauge satisfaction and seeks guidance when required.
- Support productive working relationships by building and sustaining positive relationships with team members, stakeholders and clients, and being responsive to changes in client and stakeholder needs and expectations.
- Display personal drive and integrity by taking responsibility for meeting objectives and progressing work, showing initiative to do what is required, and committing energy and drive to see that goals are achieved.
- Communicate with influence, confidently presenting communications in a clear, concise and articulate manner, focusing on key points and using appropriate, unambiguous language, selecting the most appropriate medium for conveying information, and structuring written and oral communication to ensure clarity.
- Guide in identifying, developing and accessing effective communication to data and platform stewards.
- Contribute content to internal collaborative content platforms to support engagement with data stakeholders.
- Evangelize the concept of “data as an asset” and the value of understanding the quality of data.
- Support the data management office and data stewards to ensure data assets comply with all governance policy, regulations, agreements, and business rules.
- Contribute in the communications plan that keeps stakeholders updated on enterprise data governance.
Skills, Competencies and Experience
- A degree in information management, organization governance, or related management fields is preferred. Possession of MBA will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of three (3) year experience in an enterprise data governance business environment.
- Any database administration certification will be an added advantage.
- Experience in guiding enterprise data management initiatives in key business areas and in operationalizing data governance.
- Expertise in creating and deploying best practices and methodologies and knowledge about managing and leading technical data analytics teams across multiple departments.
- Knowledge and experience in building and supporting data stewardship teams across the organization and developing initiative to cascade data governance best practices.
- Demonstrated ability to manage complexity and multiple initiatives.
- Ability to synthesize and analyze diverse data and information, develop and recommend strategies.
- Ability to think creatively, highly driven and self-motivated.
- Strategic perspective with an ability to analyze complex issues, develop appropriate action plans and deliver results.
If you are confident that you fit the role and person profile and you are keen to add value to your career then please forward your application enclosing detailed Curriculum Vitae to email@example.com indicating “DGL/3/COO/2017” in the subject line by 31st March, 2017.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Get a free review of your resume send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with REVIEW in caps as the subject line.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
Like our Carer Agency Facebook page so you never miss our daily job updates.