Reporting to the Senior Laboratory Technician, the holder will be responsible for the overall maintenance, cleanliness and order in the laboratory and will assist the Laboratory Technologist in the day to day activities of the laboratory.
- Assisting in preparation of reagents, samples and specimen for practical classes.
- General maintenance of laboratory
- Assisting in identification, collection, handling and preservation of samples and specimen
- Preliminary preparation of samples and specimen
- Performing simple laboratory tests according to the manuals
- Noting of breakages and other incidences in the laboratories
- Maintenance of laboratory records and inventory for supplies, reagents & equipment
- Maintenance of a clean and sanitary working area in accordance with WHO’s Good Laboratory Practices
- Ensuring the return of all solutions, chemicals and apparatus used in laboratory exercises.
- Assembling supplies and constructing apparatus; setting up and assisting in conducting classroom experiments and demonstrations.
- Storage of supplies and equipment; disposing of solutions, used samples and specimen according to guidelines; and keeping storerooms and working areas orderly and clean.
- Performing any other duties as assigned.
Minimum Educational Qualifications and Professional Experience:
- Diploma in Medical Laboratory Science from an accredited academic institution;
- Certificate in Mortuary Science from an accredited academic institution;
- Registration by relevant regulatory body;
- At least two (2) years of relevant experience of Mortuary Science, in a research or higher learning Institution. (Evidence of support given to students during their research projects will be an added advantage)
Personal Attributes & Competencies
- Confidentiality and integrity;
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills;
- Relationship builder & effective negotiator;
- Good communication skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Adaptability and reliability
USIU is an equal opportunity employer
Get a free review of your resume send it to email@example.com with REVIEW in caps as the subject line.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review
Like our Carer Agency Facebook page so you never miss our daily job updates.