Reporting to the Dean, School of Pharmacy & Health Sciences, the candidate will be expected to support activities in the laboratory and engage in community service.
- Performance of tests and laboratory procedures such as preparing samples and doing manual tests that are based on detailed instructions and protocol.
- Planning, documenting, setting up, undertaking (and guiding students on) controlled experiments and trials.
- Maintenance of laboratory use records, with reports as and when needed
- Provision of semester and annual inventories reports
- Use of automated equipment and computerized instruments capable of performing a number of tests at the same time.
- Preparation of laboratory testing samples for examination by faculty and students
- Discussion of results and findings of laboratory tests and procedures with faculty and students
- Operation and maintenance of sophisticated instruments and apparatus
- Operation and maintenance of a safe Experimental Animals House
- Set up, calibration, maintenance, operation and shutting down of laboratory instruments.
- Preparation of equipment maintenance schedules and timely and satisfactory maintenance
- Maintenance of competence in a Laboratory Information System that is crucial to the quality operations of the laboratory.
- Maintenance of material safety data sheets for all School chemicals and products.
- Active participation in Quality Improvement Programs essential to ensure that laboratory testing is accurate, timely and meets customer needs.
- Training and orientation of new Laboratory Technologists in the performance and interpretation of tests.
- Engagement in service to the university, the profession and to the community.
- Adherence to the USIU-Africa Laboratory Safety and Operational Guidelines
- Performance of any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Educational Qualifications and Professional Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related field from an accredited university.
- A higher diploma in a related field from an accredited academic institution;
- Registration by relevant regulatory body;
- Three (3) years of relevant experience in a similar position in a research or higher learning Institution, with evidence of support given to students during their research projects.
- A specialty in any of the following areas:
- Medical Physiology OR
- Medical Pharmacology & Toxicology OR
- Pharmaceutical Chemistry & Analysis OR
- Pharmaceutics & Pharmacy Practice OR
- Pharmaceutical Technology OR
- Pharmaceutical Microbiology
Skills, Personal Attributes & Competencies
- Confidentiality and integrity;
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills;
- Relationship builder & effective negotiator;
- Good communication skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Adaptability and reliability
If you have the requisite qualifications and experience and desire to work as a team member in a modern, progressive, international and multicultural institution where you can make a difference, please apply. Interested applicants must provide current CVs, certified copies of educational certificates and transcripts, names and addresses of three referees, current salary and benefits, telephone and e-mail contacts to the address below by: Wednesday, April 7 , 2017
Director of Administration,
United States International University
P.O Box 14634-00800, Nairobi, Kenya
USIU is an equal opportunity employer
Get a free review of your resume send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with REVIEW in caps as the subject line.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review
Like our Carer Agency Facebook page so you never miss our daily job updates.