- Kikuyu, Kenya, Kenya
- Full Time
- Learning Department
- Entry Level
Are you looking for an extraordinary school where the learners are excited, inquisitive and have to be convinced to go home at the end of the day? Are you a recent Bachelor of Education/Science/Engineering graduate with between 2-6 years of experience looking to build your teaching experience in a world-class institution? If you answered yes to these questions then you are a viable candidate to be a Resident Chemistry Teacher at Nova Academies.
We have a world-leading teaching and learning approach that is inquiry based and student-centered and an apprenticeship model that brings your studies and ambitions to life.
Imagine a world in which every young person in Africa attends a school that truly sets them up for success in the 21st century. A school that demands excellence, helps students learn by doing and exploring rather than by memorizing, equips students with globally competitive science and technology skills, and builds the character and growth mindset that will shape the rest of their lives.
Now imagine that this school is not in one town, in one country, but in every town, in every country. This is what we imagine, and we want you to help make it happen.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Teach Chemistry.
- Infuse joy and passion for learning in lessons so that students are excited about and invested in their academic excellence.
- Be accountable for students’ mastery of academic standards.
- Integrate interactive technology within lessons to enhance instructional delivery
- Meet up with your learning designer to ensure unit and lesson plans are mapped to standards.
- Set and communicate rigorous and ambitious goals for all students and provide student feedback so they internalize them.
- Attend weekly feedback meetings with manager to enhance teaching practices
- Head a club, house opportunity for students each term.
- Provide feedback to the curriculum design team about lessons and the overall structure of a unit to ensure revisions are made.
- Fully participate in opportunities for professional growth including daily team meetings and reflections, weekly professional development meetings, instructional coaching, and outside professional opportunities.
- A natural-born teacher. You are not in it by coincidence or accident.
- Teachers’ Service Commission certified/recognized
- A Bachelor’s degree from a well-recognized University. You should have graduated officially by the time of application
- Energetic and passionate about education.
- You’re a top performer with a strong academic background
- You have 2-6+ years of relevant teaching experience. At Nova, we love teachers who have also had varied work experience apart from teaching
- Adept at using Technology. We use a lot of technology for instruction
Does working at Nova Academies excite you? If you’re a great fit, we will drop everything and call you immediately.
Please note: Where a copy of your resume is required, copying and pasting from a formatted document e.g. Microsoft Word® may not result in the formatting transferring correctly to the final resume. You are encouraged to attach your resume in Microsoft Word® or PDF format to protect formatting.
Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until the right candidate is identified. Only qualified candidates will be invited for interviews. If you do not hear from us within 8 weeks of submitting your application, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Get a free review of your resume send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with REVIEW in caps as the subject line.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
Like our Carer Agency Facebook page so you never miss our daily job updates.