- Westlands, Nairobi, Nairobi Area, Kenya
- Full Time
- Mid Level
Nova Pioneer is looking for a superstar Talent Recruitment Manager who can manage our recruitment efforts to support our rapid growth as an organization. This is an opportunity to create a transformative brand with the future of Africa’s youth at stake.
Imagine a world in which every young person in Africa attends a school that truly sets them up for success in the 21st century. A school that demands excellence, helps students learn by doing and exploring rather than by memorizing, equips students with globally competitive science and technology skills, and builds the character and growth mindset that shape the rest of their lives.
Now imagine that this school is not in one town, in one country, but in every town, in every country. This is what we imagine, and we want you to help make it happen.
ABOUT NOVA PIONEER
In 2014 we launched a new venture to build the first pan-African network of high-quality, affordable primary and secondary schools. This year we will be operating six schools—two in Nairobi and four in Johannesburg—and gearing up for rapid growth, initially across East and Southern Africa and eventually across West Africa as well. Our venture is structured as a social enterprise to enable us to attract the investment that will be needed to launch 100 schools and reach tens of thousands of students in the next decade.
We have a unique, entrepreneurial work environment with a strong team culture that is designed to reinforce our vision. The core elements of our culture include:
- We model the growth mindset we want our students to embody: you are challenged every day and, as a result, you grow more than at any other point in your life
- We hold the highest expectations for our staff and students alike
- We believe in servant leadership and consistently put our students before our team, and our team before ourselves
- We bring infectious energy, enthusiasm and fun to everything we do because joy fuels the hardest work and learning
ABOUT THE ROLE
Nova Pioneer believes an organization is only as good as the people who work for it. We know that in order to accomplish our mission and achieve our growth goals, we must attract, select, retain and grow the right people. The Recruitment Manager will play a key role in our ability to find and hire great people.
Specific responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
Recruitment & Selection
- Manage a portfolio of open positions across the organization.
- Develop a thorough strategic plan for reaching all recruitment and hiring goals.
- Liaise with school leaders and hiring manager to design and execute a year-long hiring plan.
- Set up the processes and systems that enable efficient hiring for each role.
- Develop and implement a clear analytics strategy and approach towards recruitment using data at all time for decisoning
- Refine pre-existing (and develop new) selection tools to ensure alignment between how we hire and what’s needed for each role.
- Manage other team members to fulfill each step of the process.
- Support Hiring Managers in making final hiring decisions
- Design and implement innovative ways to attract and source top talent to the organization.
- Increase local and international awareness about Nova Pioneer and the career opportunities available.
- Plan and host outreach events at school campuses and attend events hosted externally.
- Develop strong relationships with stakeholders and establish partnerships to expand reach.
- At least 5-7 years’ experience in recruitment, institutional e.g. school-based recruitment
- You have a proven ability to build strong relationships across diverse audiences
- You are extremely detail oriented and can manage a lot of moving parts at once
- You strive for excellence in every detail of your work and inspire and challenge everyone around you to do the same
- You take pleasure in excellence more than credit or status
- Our culture resonates deeply with your values—and in particular, you are excited to challenge yourself by taking risks and getting more feedback than you’ve ever gotten before
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent in a related field, required
NOTES FOR A SUCCESSFUL APPLICATION PROCESS
Please format your resume so that it is no longer than two typed pages
Please send a cover letter highlighting the following: any startup and/or entrepreneurial experience from your career, results that you’ve driven that you’re most proud of (last two years), and the main reason that you’re applying for this role as well as the team(s) that you’ve led or coached.
Please note: Where a copy of your resume is required, copying and pasting from a formatted document e.g. Microsoft Word® may not result in the formatting transferring correctly to the final resume. You are encouraged to attach your resume in Microsoft Word® or PDF format to protect formatting.
Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until the right candidate is identified. Only qualified candidates will be invited for interviews.
Get a free review of your resume send it to email@example.com with REVIEW in caps as the subject line.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
Like our Carer Agency Facebook page so you never miss our daily job updates.