Organization SNV Netherlands Development Organisation
Reference Number None given
Job Level Entry-level
Contact Email None given
Fax None given
Attachments None given
Are you interested in joining an Organisation with a long term commitment to fighting poverty? Would you like to work in a challenging environment and develop an international career focused on demonstrating shared core values that achieve results?
SNV Kenya is looking for a:
Human Resources Assistant
Based in Nairobi, Kenya
SNV is a non-profit international development organization established in the Netherlands in 1965. For over 50 years, SNV has been at the forefront of development, helping to build local capacity and empower local families and communities to break the cycle of poverty. We are present on the ground in 38 developing countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America and operate in Agriculture & Food Security, Renewable Energy, and Water, Sanitation & Hygiene. Our 1,200+ advisors in the field come from a variety of cultural and technical backgrounds, and over 60 per cent are nationals of the countries where we work.
SNV Programme(s) Overview
SNV has been engaged by various donors to reach millions of people by executing programmes in agriculture, renewable energy and WASH (Water, Sanitation and Hygiene). In Kenya, SNV is implementing several exciting projects in various counties in Kenya. The SNV country office is located in Nairobi but has a lot of activities implemented from field offices in Eldoret, Nanyuki, Kisumu, Homa Bay, Kericho and Kilifi.
Reporting to the Country Human Resources Officer, the Human Resources Assistant will provide effective HR administrative support to the human resource function to ensure optimal contribution of HR to SNV Kenya Country Program.
- Assist the Country Human Resource Officer with performance management process
- Assist the Country Human Resource Officer in recruitment of staff ie receive and record all job applications; assist with screening of applicants as needed; assist in scheduling and organizing interviews; assist with document verification; assist reference checks on possible candidates; inform unsuccessful applicants; assist with the new employee on boarding and orientation etc
- Personnel Documentation
- Open HR files for all new employees and ensure files are kept updated for all existing employees
- Liaise with service providers; medical insurance and pension providers,
- Track all employee sick, annual, vacation, and medical leave,
- Review employee timesheets for accuracy and completeness. Ensure employees are apportioning effort across projects accurately.
- Carry out exit procedures for staff who are exiting.
- Ensure HR HRIS (SAP by Design) data is entered correctly and consistently updated
- Managing database for third parties contracted to offer HR to projects
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the Country Human Resource Officer.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management, Business Administration or related field.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working in a Human Resource Office.
- Higher Diploma in Human Resource Management or partial completion of CPS (K) is an added advantage
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Dedicated and meticulous – high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Willingness to learn
- Must have a high level of discretion, tact and sensitivity in dealing with stakeholders at all levels, both internally and externally
- Good working knowledge of administrative activities within the HR function.
- Experience of working with people at all levels and providing advice/guidance on general HR issues.
- Experience of operating computerized database and management information systems.
8 Months with possibility of extension.
Expected start date
How to apply?
Please apply by clicking on the apply button and complete your application in our in-house recruitment system before 10th April, 2017. Please send your application letter and CV that contains three referees as you apply with position title “Human Resource Assistant” as subject/reference.
We do not appreciate third-party mediation based on this advertisement.
NB: Only shortlisted will be contacted.
Get a free review of your resume send it to email@example.com with REVIEW in caps as the subject line.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
Like our Carer Agency Facebook page so you never miss our daily job updates.
We are not affiliated with the above organisation