The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is the world’s largest humanitarian organization, with 190 member National Societies. As part of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, our work is guided by seven fundamental principles; humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality.
The main purpose of the position is to provide assistance in financial and administrative support to the Somalia Red Crescent Society, SRCS.
- Process all financial accounting information including maintaining the Accounting system/Software financial accounting system for Somalia Red Crescent Society
- Generate financial reports and information useful for financial control and decision making
- Assist in the budget process, monitoring on financial reporting and control of cash requests
- Assist SRCS with budgets, financial monitoring and control in agreement with Norwegian Red Cross Norcross, CCM for NorCross supported projects.
- Prepare the project financial statements for audits.
- Receive monthly cash requests from SRCS, compare them with the annual budgets and activity plans and prepare necessary documents for bank transfers.
- Prepare liquidation/expenses reports and attach all relevant supporting documentation for verification and approval
- Receive all invoices, verify and attach supporting documents, then pass to the Country Manager for verification.
- Raise payment vouchers for all approved expenses; code the payment as appropriate
- Post the cash and petty cash books and prepare monthly bank reconciliations for all bank accounts
- Ensure allocations to various activities are done correctly and according to approved budgets
- Key in the Payment vouchers and receipts into appropriate Accounting Software /system
- Verify all postings against actual voucher details and agree balances for each account to bank and cash book balances
- Prepare payments to be processed via electronic banking
- Ensure all payments are acknowledged and all payments vouchers and supporting documentation are stamped “PAID NorCross”
- Receive and review cashbooks from Somalia Rehabilitation centres and coordination offices and compare them with the support documents to ensure they are adequately supported and within the approved budget lines as per Agresso Ledger Balances Monitor the budgets and expenditures on a monthly basis for all the projects and report on deviations
- Assist SRCS on budgeting, financial monitoring and control in agreement with Norcross Country Manager
- Manage a petty cash float and ensure reconciliation and cash counts are conducted at month end or when replenishing from the bank.
- Preparing the quarterly Cash requests and forecasts
- Control/Monitor the cash flow for the Somalia office by ensuring there are adequate funds for the various programs/activities and country office in the bank accounts
- Assist in reviewing the cash requests for Country Office by comparing the requests with the budgets or Plan of Action.
- Fill in the monthly cash requests template for signing and approval
- Initiate payments on after the approval of the vouchers
- Receive the swift messages for payments done and advise the recipients/Payee
- Receive daily statements, Reconcile Bank Accounts Monthly
- Contact the bank for any anomalies in the bank statements
- Perform any other duties as maybe directed by the Management line manager with regard to bank accounts e.g. addition of signatories, bank accounts etc
- Ensure cash books are promptly updated and monthly bank reconciliations are prepared on a timely basis
- Prepare the Somalia budget vs expenditure report for deviation reporting by the 5th of subsequent month
- Generate Field office cost reports, Prepare & monitor the country office budget on a monthly basis
- Assist with Country Office budgeting and controls
- File and label all payment/receipts (invoices, receipts and cover documents) in the appropriate finance files.
- Ensure the bank and cash reconciliations, monthly bank statements and cash counts for Country office is sent to the HQ as soon as they are ready and signed off SRC Management and NorCross Country Manager
- Assist Field/Country office with filing of agreements and financial documentation at Country Office
Interim and Annual Audits
- Prepare all necessary audit working papers for project, interim and annual audit of the SRCS.
- Assist Country Manager on follow up on audit recommendations using the tracking tool to ensure implementation of the same
- Monitor and ensure that all SRCS audit recommendations are implemented on a timely basis
- Disseminate and monitor the implementation of SRCS finance policies and procedures
- Support and train staff to continuously improve their capacities in financial management
- Ensure that all SRCS offices are using common tools and systems for bookkeeping and accounting
- He/She will have a technical line management with IFRC Somalia Senior finance officer.
- He/She will be part of finance development task force
- Ensure the inventory register is updated at all times, obsolete items disposed according to procedures and in the run up to the audits
- Drawing of cheques for various payments and ensure they are registered, dispatched and receipts received from the recipients.
- File and label all Payment vouchers/Receipt sequentially with the numbers as generated by the system.
- Ensure all vouchers are stamped ‘’paid’’ to avoid duplication of payments.
Recognised Professional financial/accountancy qualification
3 years experience in financial management, accounting, audit and risk management
Previous experience working for the Federation and/or National Society is an asset
Familiar with at least one accounting and reporting software
Fluency is Somali language is mandatory
Fluently spoken and written English
Practical knowledge of computers (Windows, spreadsheets, word processing, e-mail, Accounting and Financial software such as Sage, QuickBooks, Coda, etc……)
Confident and persuasive with the ability to communicate with internal employees and external associates on all levels
Uphold the Movement Fundamental Principles and act with integrity, in accordance with the Society’s obligations and values (inclusive, compassionate, courageous, and dynamic).
The Federation is an equal opportunity employer.
|Get a free review of your resume send it to email@example.com with REVIEW in caps as the subject line.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
Like our Carer Agency Facebook page so you never miss our daily job updates.
|JOIN OUR TELEGRAM GROUP FOR MORE JOBS|