The position purpose is ensuring an excellent standard of caring service, maintaining customer relationships, and representing Tala’s brand of modern and convenient customer-centric service.
- Call customers with overdue accounts
- Understand and explain benefits of repayment and credit history to customers
- Correct customer misunderstandings on product policies and terms
- Diffuse tension from bad customer experiences with the application
- Set up payment plans and follow-up schedule
- Establish and maintain caring relationships with customers
- Escalate difficult or unusual cases to Team Lead
- Escalate and document problems with customer identification information
- Provide feedback on reasons for default to Team Lead
- Champion the voice of the customer to Team Lead by providing input on product and user experience
- Engage in creative projects and tasks at the request of Team Lead (example: onboarding welcome calls, white glove service for top customers, etc.)
- Apply the best skills in customer approach and payment negotiations to ensure optimum results.
- Engage customers to a friendly conversation to establish reasons for nonpayment and provide best way forward and suggestions that result to collections.
- Educate customers on consequences for late payments and help them to come up with a payment plan.
- Strong problem-solving, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Willingness to work a flexible and variable schedule
- Patient and able to handle customer complaints or misunderstandings
- Strong work ethic, punctual, accountable, and team player
- Fast at typing and working with modern, digital technology
- Quick learner, creative
- Able to multi-task and work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Readily accepts feedback and incorporates changes into behavior
- Intellectually curious and unafraid to ask questions
- Desire to go above and beyond job requirements to deliver an excellent customer experience and create capacity-building change for the company
Skills and Qualifications:
- Graduate Degree or Diploma Required
- previous collections experience,
- high level of financial literacy,
- personal or professional experience with
- Experience with multiple types of formal and informal credit products
Tala is a mobile technology and data science company that is working to deliver financial access, choice and control to underserved people around the world. Tala’s smartphone app instantly evaluates customers for credit using only the data on their devices and delivers customized loans in minutes.
Tala, formerly known as InVenture, is backed by IVP, Ribbit Capital, Lowercase Capital, Data Collective, Collaborative Fund and other leading venture and impact investors. In 2016, Fast Company ranked Tala, formerly known as InVenture, as one of its top 10 companies in Money, and Forbes named Tala as one of the top 50 FinTech companies in the world. Additionally, Tala’s work has been highlighted by the New York Times, the Financial Times, the Wall Street Journal, TED, and Wired, among others.
Get a free review of your resume send it to email@example.com with REVIEW in caps as the subject line.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
Like our Carer Agency Facebook page so you never miss our daily job updates.