Office of the Deputy Vice-Chancellor, Academic and Research Affairs Office, Thika
The post holder will be expected to provide a high level confidential and professional PA support to the Deputy Vice Chancellors’ Office and wide range of executive administrative and managerial services. In addition deliver effective office management, excellent customer care support and effective handling of key stakeholders to Mount Kenya University.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- To maintain daily schedules and coordination of the Deputy Vice Chancellor’s Office commitments.
- To arrange and coordinate appointments and meetings for the Deputy Vice Chancellor.
- Preparation of all correspondence and other documentation as may be requested by the Deputy Vice Chancellor from time to time.
- Advising the Deputy Vice Chancellor of impending internal and external work.
- Deliver high level public relations and communication with internal and external stakeholders.
- To prepare all papers, in advance, for attendance at daily meetings and other commitments.
- To service meetings, including preparation of meeting papers, presentations and taking minutes, communicating, as required, with guest speakers for these meetings on protocol and logistics and arranging for all IT and catering requirements
- To make all logistical arrangements including travel, for the Deputy Vice Chancellor.
- To respond accurately and efficiently to all enquiries from the Deputy Vice Chancellor and his/her deputies, and Directorates reporting to the Deputy Vice Chancellor using own initiative.
- Independently research confidential controversial and restricted data and other material as required by the Deputy Vice Chancellor.
- To assist in the preparation of all international travel itineraries and as such, coordinate all arrangements for the international visits where the Deputy Vice Chancellor has involvement.
- To deal with sometimes distressing situations on behalf of the Deputy Vice Chancellor and Student Experience, as first point of contact .
- To appropriately execute any other duties as directed by the Deputy Vice Chancellor, or other senior university officers.
Minimum Qualification and Attributes
- Candidate must be a graduate from any recognized university with earned Degree in Office Management, Business Administration or Secretarial Studies.
- Must be in possession of Diploma in Secretarial studies or Advanced Diploma from KNEC/PITMAN
- Must be highly proficient with multiple Microsoft office systems and other related software
- Excellent communicator, a good listener and dedicated to detail.
- A wide exposure, broad knowledge and up to date with current University affairs.
- Able to work perfectly under strict deadlines and pressure.
- Able to take up emergency assignments and perform them effectively.
- Upholds sound work ethics and is highly disciplined.
- Cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Possessing tenacious attitude, friendly, honest, trustworthy, respectful and flexible.
- Able to work with minimal supervision, independently or as part of a team.
- A minimum working experience of 3 years working with top management staff
Interested applicants are requested to submit soft copies of the application letter and current curriculum vitae to the Human Resource Director through email address: firstname.lastname@example.org on or before Friday, 21st April, 2017.
Please Note that hard copy application and Curriculum Vitae will not be accepted.
Get a free review of your resume send it to email@example.com with REVIEW in caps as the subject line.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
Like our Carer Agency Facebook page so you never miss our daily job updates.