Ref: Amref/ICT /2017/04-05
Amref Health Africa is the largest international health development organization based in Africa. Working with and through African communities, health systems and governments, Amref Health Africa’s vision is for lasting health change in Africa and is committed to improving the health of people in Africa by partnering with and empowering communities, and strengthening health systems. With headquarters in Kenya, Amref Health Africa has offices in Ethiopia, Uganda, South Sudan, Kenya, Tanzania, Southern Africa and West Africa providing services to over 30 countries. Employing over 1100 staff and with an annual operating budget of approximately
$90 million, Amref Health Africa is a knowledge resource for donors and partners.
We are seeking to recruit a Information Technology Officer – (Applications Development) who will be tasked with initiating, reviewing and maintaining dynamic information systems that cater for Amref Health Africa information needs and ensures use of appropriate information technology in line with the Amref Health Africa’s ICT Corporate strategy.
|1.1||Job title Job grade Reporting to||ITO – Applications Developer
Business Systems Analyst
|1.4||Physical Location||Amref Health Africa, Headquarters|
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To initiate and maintain dynamic information systems that cater for Amref Health Africa information needs and ensures use of appropriate information technology in line with the Amref Health Africa’s ICT Corporate strategy.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS (SUPERVISOR AND REPORTEES)
SCOPE OF JOB
- Oversee of full operations of all Systems in Amref Health Africa with special role in the ERP System
- Optimisation of systems for efficiency.
iii. Development of in-house applications and customization of systems
- Management of SLAs with contracted companies in ensuring compliance v. Coordination of development and management of SharePoint and NAV
- Coordination of development of technology-based innovations in in Amref Health
|KEY RESPONSIBILITIES||MAIN TASKS|
|Systems Management||· Optimise Systems for efficiency in performance.
· Advise on systems acquisition in the organisation
|Systems Planning||· Coordinate the development of technology-based innovations.
· Conduct business analysis and software development lifecycle
(waterfall, iterative, Agile) for software projects in the organisation.
· Work closely with users to identify business needs, the costs and benefits of implementing computing solutions.
· Network the organisation’s information network through
interconnecting the organisation’s information systems.
· Define software project requirements by identifying project milestones, phases, and elements; forming project team; establishing project budget.
|Stakeholders analysis||· Identify the stakeholders who will be impacted by change and understand their influence and authority levels.
· Conduct usability tests and ensure that user interface meet user requirements.
|Risk Assessment||· Define methods to identify risk, probability, impact and how to mitigate those risks in acquisition and running of information
|Requirements Management||· Help the organisation to understand the requirements change process and traceability.
· Determine operational objectives by studying business functions; gathering information, evaluating output requirements and formats.
· Create a requirements package for information systems within the organisation.
· Offer guidance on techniques to gather information at the right level of detail and scope to represent all of the stakeholder’s needs, and the ability to ask questions that lead to an understanding of the business need rather than what they want.
· Work with IT infrastructure team to address networking and hardware needs
|KEY RESPONSIBILITIES||MAIN TASKS|
|Systems modeling||· Design new software by analysing requirements, constructing workflow charts and diagrams, studying system capabilities and writing specifications.
· Utilizing various modelling techniques such as process modelling, data modelling, system modelling.
· Improve systems by studying current practices and designing modifications.
|Systems Development||· Monitor Software project progress by tracking activity, resolve problems, publish progress reports and recommend actions.
· Oversee the development or acquisition of software for
conformance to the organisation’s priorities.
|Systems documentation||· Recommend controls by identifying problems and documenting improved procedures.
· Facilitate documentation of systems using different approaches such as use cases, activity diagrams, sequence diagrams and state charts, data dictionaries, class or entity relationship diagrams.
· Maintain system protocols by documenting and updating procedures.
· Provide reference for users by writing and maintaining user documentation, providing level 2 and level 3 support and training users.
· Maintain user confidence and protect operations by keeping information confidential.
· Prepare technical reports by collecting, analysing and summarizing information and trends.
|Technology updates||· Prepare technical reports by collecting, analysing and summarizing information and trends.
· Ensure systems are in conformity with the current technology platforms.
ANY OTHER TASKS
- Advisory roles to Amref Health Africa on Systems management, support and troubleshooting.
- Advisory on procurement and acquisition of information systems.
- Development of training plans for information system users.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS Education, knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field with a strong bias in systems analysis,
design and development.
- Knowledge in large scale systems development on cloud, mobile and web-based platforms.
- Experience in user systems requirements management.
- Knowledge of business systems management.
- Must have at least 3 years ERP implementation experience preferably Microsoft Navision, using Microsoft SureStep or equivalent implementation methodology.
- C/SIDE Development, RTC Experience
- Microsoft SQL server experience developing on MS SQL 2008/2012. Certification will be a plus.
- Experience developing applications and user interfaces using Microsoft V isual
Studio– C#, WCF, XSL, Web Services interaction, HTML, Scripting, ASP.NET, XML, AJAX
- Experience in object-oriented programming.
- Knowledge in other web developing languages will be a plus.
- Knowledge in software development paradigms, especially object and aspect oriented programming such as joint-point models, MVC, MVVM.
- Certified in Microsoft Dynamics NAV (Financials, Trade and Inventory, Installation and Configuration, and Development). NAV 2013 certifications preferred.
- Solid understanding of relational databases and the ability to write T-SQL queries
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office and other productivity software
packages, including use of e-mail, active directory, the Internet as well as local and
Wide Area Network systems.
- A passion for software development
- Knowledge in using Code repositories such as Ms Team foundation server
- Experience in management of software of proprietary and open source software development and deployment environments.
- Development, deployment and maintenance of database systems
- Exposure to diverse-multicultural environment.
- Critical and creative thinking ;
- Good logical analysis, design and diagnostic skills
- Ability to exercise good judgement in design of software solutions;
- Facilitation capabilities;
- Team work;
- Communication skills;
- Analytical, problem solving skills;
- Flexibility to changes in the work environment.
- Ability to work within deadlines.
ORAL – Excellent Written And Spoken English
- INTERNAL: The job demands a high level of oral communication skills in order to effectively communicate with other departments and staff members
- EXTERNAL: The job demands a high level of oral communication skills in order
to effectively communicate with external parties including service providers and country offices
- INTERNAL : The job demands a high level of written communication skills in order to effectively communicate with other departments and staff members
- EXTERNAL: The job demands a high level of written communication skills in order to effectively communicate with external parties including service providers and country offices.
Corporate Policies, Systems, Procedures and Methods
The job demands a thorough understanding of Amref Health Africa’s mode of operation, business model, corporate IT policy and standards, systems/product requirements and standard guidelines, professional, legal and technical compliance, audit compliance and procurement procedures.
Normal office environment
Hours of Work
Normal working hours. Job holder may be required to work outside normal working hours due to the nature of the work in general.
10 ACKNOWLEDGEMENT AND APPROVAL
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT AND APPROVAL
We have carefully reviewed this Job Description and we are both satisfied that it fully and accurately describes the requirements of the position
I have read this document and agree to undertake the duties and responsibilities as listed above. I also acknowledge that this description of tasks is only indicative and that it is my responsibility to be an active and supportive member of the team. Therefore, I may be required to undertake additional duties and responsibilities from time to time that are not detailed herein.
However, if the new tasks constitute a substantial change of the duties and responsibilities listed above, the supervisor and the job holder can at any time request renegotiation of the job description (for changes to be considered substantial, they should amount to at least 15% of the total working hours).
If you meet the required criteria, please quote the reference number as indicated and email your CV and application letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday, 19 April 2017.
Duly note that Amref Health Africa does not require applicants to pay any fee at whatever stage of the recruitment and selection process.
Amref Health Africa is an equal opportunity employer and has a non-smoking environment policy.
Get a free review of your resume send it to email@example.com with REVIEW in caps as the subject line.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
Like our Carer Agency Facebook page so you never miss our daily job updates.