The Senior Economist will:
• Lead or significantly contribute to the World Bank’s support to Kenya’s devolution program.
• Contribute to MFM lending operations in Kenya, including Development Policy Financing.
• Lead or significantly contribute to the preparation of major analytical reports.
• Collaborate with the MFM team on the preparation of just-in-time technical notes on a wide range of macroeconomic and structural reform issues.
• Facilitate the Bank’s policy dialogue with the authorities.
• Work closely with other global practices to provide integrated diagnostics and development solutions.
• Disseminate new ideas, creative approaches, and successful international experience; disseminate successful experiences from Kenya to the rest of the world.
• Work closely and provide regular support and advice to the Country Director based in Nairobi and engage with the broader country team to enhance the rigor of advice on cross-cutting and sectoral issues in support of the growth and shared prosperity agenda.
• Actively promote dialogue and close working relationships with the main development partners working on Kenya as well as with the private sector, academia, think tanks and civil society. Liaise with the IMF on the macroeconomic framework and in the preparation of joint World Bank-IMF debt sustainability analysis, when needed.
• Carry out the work program in a way that contributes to client capacity building, knowledge sharing and innovation at national and county levels.
• Ensure high standards of quality of tasks managed by self and help enhance quality of other tasks.
• Participate actively in MFM Global Practice-wide activities including by providing support to programs in
Get a free review of your resume send it to email@example.com with REVIEW in caps as the subject line.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
Like our Carer Agency Facebook page so you never miss our daily job updates.