Local Procurement Ref.: DC-135940
Damco – one of the world’s leading logistics service providers With over 11,000 employees in over 300 owned offices across 90 countries around the world, we manage and serve some of the most advanced supply chains in the world; in a diverse range of industries.
When you join Damco, you’ll find that the world is your workplace. You’ll work in a culturally diverse, performance stimulating environment, surrounded by new ideas and different ways of doing things.
DAMCO Logistics Kenya Ltd is looking for an Allocation Specialist to manage allocation of trucking within East Africa. As an Allocation Specialist, you will report to the East and South Africa Procurement Manager. As an employee with DAMCO you will be part of diverse team of country/Area and GSC and CSO. We strongly encourage continuous learning at work and sharing of best practices by rewarding innovations. As an organization we strongly believe in a people-centric approach with emphasis on employee engagement and work-life balance.
A visible role where you will manage the transport of goods from external suppliers to ensure business continuity and growth, and to realize cost effectiveness by creating for our customers and Damco the most favorable and competitive business
In return, you will gain valuable experience in long-term strategy planning and execution, negotiation, and play a pivotal role in setting the future direction of Damco EAF.
You will actively contribute to:
• Delivering on Project Highway, a large transformation program that is part of Damco Must Win Battles
• Managing allocation of transporters to specific jobs
• Analysing Transporter performance and making recommendations to the Procurement manager.
• Preparation and execution of allocation matrix and updating matrix as market conditions change
• Execution of the supplier management approach
• recommendation and execution of cost/service improvements
• mitigation of critical supply situations
• collection and analysis of data
• Supporting Quarterly supplier reviews
Procurement Planning Support
• Reviewing country, corridor, and product level supplier performance
• Analyse reports and recommend solutions regarding the Key Performance Indicators
Strategic Procurement Support
• Supplier management
• Gathering and analysing data
For the assigned projects / business areas, manage and control: Measure performance quality and gathering feedback from operations team
Who we are looking for
• 3-5 years Logistics experience
• Transport knowledge, Business and operations
• Good experience with stakeholder( matrix reporting) management
• Knowledge of and experience with analysing business needs
• Understanding of supplier(transporter) management
• Exceptional communication skills with matrix reporting combined with strong analytical and conceptual acumen
• A dynamic, action oriented and result driven person with the ability to achieve results through people and data
• Fluency in verbal and written English is mandatory; Fluency in at least one East/South African Language
|Last application date: 24 April 2017.|
Get a free review of your resume send it to email@example.com with REVIEW in caps as the subject line.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
Like our Carer Agency Facebook page so you never miss our daily job updates.