Logistics Assistant (Procurement) – Nairobi (Kenyan Nationals Only) ~ Norwegian Refugee
The purpose of the Logistics Assistant position is to assist in the day to day implementation of the support functions responsibilities.
• Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
• Assist with the implementation of the support function portfolio according to plan of action
• Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
• Ensure proper filing of documents
• Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function
• Process Purchase Orders upon request by the field logistics colleagues, follow up with the suppliers and ensure they are paid and dispatched to the field by the warehouse in charge.
• Keep track of current procurements and update them bi-weekly as per the PTS and forward the PTS to the line manager by 5th of every month.
• Process VAT Exemptions and follow up with the agent on delayed invoices.
• Degree/Diploma in Logistics/Procurement
• Experience from working as a Support Function Officer in a humanitarian/recovery context
• Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
• Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
• Some knowledge of English
MS Excel, Agresso or related procurement system proficiency
• Duty station: Nairobi
• Contract period is upto 31st December 2017 with possibility of extension.
• Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions, The candidate will observe NRC’s code of conduct and working hours for the NRC Office in Nairobi.
Travel: Some travelling must be expected
Apply for position Deadline for application: 27/04/2017
Get a free review of your resume send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with REVIEW in caps as the subject line.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
Like our Carer Agency Facebook page so you never miss our daily job updates.