Reporting to: Finance Officer
To assist the efficient and effective delivery of the financial accounting and management accounts to AKF and its subsidiaries/projects. To work with the heads of departments to provide administrative and accounting support to service AKF’s finance department.
It is envisaged that this role would be equally split between administrative/human resource duties and financial support. The main responsibilities for this position are:
1. Finance Functions
· To assist the Finance department on all aspects of financial policy, including statutory requirements, best practice and the development of new initiatives.
· To assist in maintaining the financial accounting systems to achieve maximum efficiency within the department.
· To deliver timely and accurate financial information as required by the Head of Finance, CEO, statutory bodies and other stakeholders including external auditors.
· To prepare and present documents from a number of sources as advised by the head of finance.
· To consult with the head of finance to develop effective financial systems and procedures and ensure that these are continuously improved.
· To ensure all financial policies and procedures are reviewed and updated on a regular basis.
· To ensure AKF has in place comprehensive and cost effective systems for internal and external audit, compliance and risk management.
· To assist in the preparation of the end of year audit.
· To work with department Heads and project staff to ensure that effective financial systems, processes and monitoring arrangements are in place on both a financial and specific level, and to assist them with project budgeting.
· To produce, maintain and submit all statutory financial records of AKF, sufficient to satisfy the requirements of the Government of Kenya and all other relevant bodies.
· To support the Head of Finance with AKF’s payroll system and staff salaries.
2. Administrative Functions
· Ensuring that there is full compliance in administrative activities with AKF rules, regulations, policies and strategies.
· Support the timely financial control, monitoring and reporting of office operations.
· Preparation of Local Purchase orders (LPOs) for suppliers.
· Support the organization of procurement processes including preparation of Request for Quotations (ROQ) from suppliers.
· Arrangements of travel and hotel reservations for AKF staff.
· Administrative support to conferences, workshops and retreats.
· Custodian for management of office stationery supplies including maintenance of stock list of stationery.
· Maintenance of the filing system ensuring safekeeping of confidential materials.
· Maintenance of records on assets management.
· Maintenance of files and records relevant to office maintenance
· To arrange for the tendering of the end of year audit.
· Provision of support to maintenance of common premises and common services
3. Human Resource functions
Assist in hiring staff – advertising, shortlisting and interviewing.
Working closely with managers to plan future staff needs
Keeping employee records
Assist in providing staff training and development
Making sure staff have the right pay and benefits
Arranging staff services such as welfare and counselling
Assist in dealing with complaints and discipline procedures
Advising on matters like pay negotiations, redundancy and employment law
Assisting in developing HR policies and procedures
How to apply:
If you meet the above requirements, please submit your application including your CV/resumé via e-mail not later than 20th April 2017 to email@example.com. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Get a free review of your resume send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with REVIEW in caps as the subject line.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
Like our Carer Agency Facebook page so you never miss our daily job updates.