The Monarch Group is a leading independent travel group with core activities in scheduled airline operations, tour operations and aircraft engineering
To maintain accurate books of account and ensure that all financial transactions comply with set company policies and procedures, international and local financial standards, and internal controls
- Degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA II
- 3-5 Years experience preferably in a hotel setup
- Knowledge of Sun System
Key Performance Indicators
- Accurate and up-to-date accounting records that comply with set accounting standards as prescribed by management, international accounting bodies and audit maintained
- Accounting system continually reviewed and assessed for adequacy and suitability in respect to financial accounting requirements and improvements sought from the IT team.
- Accurate and timely revenue reports produced, reconciled and discussed by all relevant parties and problem areas highlighted.
Government taxes and levies processed and paid as required.
Monthly bank reconciliation of the company accounts.
Payments processed as per the payment policy
Monthly payroll processed by the designated date and statutory returns submitted
Accounting Job Duties
- Ensuring timely input of data required for preparation of monthly financial statements
- Coding and posting journal voucher entries into general ledger
- Posting and passing the unit revenues in the system and preparing the Balance Sheet and TL accounts monthly by the designated date
- Managing, updating and reconciling the provisions account
- Preparing VAT to ensure tax compliance.
- Periodic reconciliation of the banks accounts
- Reconciliation of creditor and debtors accounts to ensure their correctness and give recommendations on how to resolve any differences.
- Running the payroll.
- Checking all cash payments to ensure accuracy and that all amounts are accounted for.
- Reviewing petty cash reports.
- Monitoring and reinforcing internal controls.
- And any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- Accounting skills
- Analytical skills
- Knowledge of tax regulations
- Communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Reporting skills
Applicants to send their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org before 17th March 2017.
Get a free review of your resume send it to email@example.com with REVIEW in caps as the subject line.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
Like our Carer Agency Facebook page so you never miss our daily job updates.