Get a free review of your resume send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with REVIEW in caps as the subject line.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
Like our Carer Agency Facebook page so you never miss our daily job updates.
Title: Regional Operations and Supply Chain Manager, Jibu (Global)
Location: Kampala, Uganda OR Nairobi, Kenya
Reports to: Jibu Chief Operating Officer
Start date: May 1, 2017
Application Deadline: Friday May 5th, 2017
Application Instructions: Send CV/Resume to email@example.com
Jibu is looking for a business-savvy, motivated problem-solver wishing to commit a minimum of two years to help lead a rapidly growing company to make profit while also making a big social impact. This successful candidate must be experienced as both a hands-on vendor manager and a detail-oriented system-builder that will have the capacity to mature an efficient supply chain, end to end, for our fast-moving consumer goods.
This position requires:
– Street smarts to navigate both formal and informal supply chain components to ensure product quality consistency, highly competitive pricing, and consistent supply
– Creativity and ability to build / design new products
– An energetic self-starter, a proven problem-solver and someone willing to “roll up their sleeves” to do what it takes to get tough jobs done
– Ability to work strategically, creatively, flexibly and persistently to solve gnarly challenges
– Ability to coordinate all of the various team members, vendors, transporters, officials, and others in the supply chain to ensure efficiency
– Ability to organize the purchase, movement, and import of goods from Europe, United States, China, Dubai, E. Africa and elsewhere to build an efficient, cost-effective, end-to-end, global supply chain serving Rwanda, Uganda, Kenya and other regions of East Africa.
– Proven interpersonal, relationship and people management skills
The position is based in Kampala, Uganda or Nairobi, Kenya, accountable to Jibu’s Country Directors and will directly report to Jibu’s COO. The Operations and Supply Chain Manager (OSCM) will be operationally focused and responsible for overseeing and managing all aspects of supply chain including procurement, purchasing, vendor management, transport and forwarding, customs brokerage, and inventory management. The majority of efforts will be to proactively identify and overcome supply chain gaps and weaknesses to effectively source cheaper materials, coordinate transport cost effectively and quickly, and, ultimately, ensure that Jibu remains hyper-competitive in product pricing while never being out of stock. Additionally, the OSCM will be responsible for new product development as Jibu seeks to incorporate new products that meet basic needs in addition to the core product (water.) Finally, the OSCM will be responsible for more broadly supporting needs and plugging gaps and holes across Jibu’s E. Africa operations. Primary responsibilities will vary and require hands-on persistence, long hours, and agility to respond to the challenges/needs that arise day to day.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
2. New product development
3. Vendor management
5. Forwarding and transport
6. Warehouse and inventory management
7. Customs clearing
8. Product quality control
9. Management of staff in relation to supply chain
10. General operations
· Strong for-profit business supply chain management experience
· 2 years’ experience working in supply chain in an emerging market context, preferably in sub-Saharan Africa
· Cultural knowledge and experience working or living in a developed market context, preferably in Europe or the United States
A team player with a sense of adventure wanting to make a difference
Personality profile: practical, persistent, likeable, resourceful, organizer, likes challenges
Fluent English language skills.
The successful candidate will earn a highly competitive base salary. Strong performance and/or equity incentives may be additionally offered on the achievement of organizational goals
Send CV or Resume to Anne Stewart – firstname.lastname@example.org