Get a free review of your resume send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with REVIEW in caps as the subject line.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
Like our Carer Agency Facebook page so you never miss our daily job updates.
Gross salary – Kshs. 20,000/- per month
We are a small, growing and dynamic company in the security industry.
We require a Receptionist / Office Assistant with skills, experience and savvy to be the back bone of day-to-day operations to join our organization. To thrive in this role, you will need to love variety, work independently, communicate well and be super organized. We are looking for a motivated individual with a proven track record. You may have experience from a different field but have a proven ability to work under pressure and prioritize.
The right candidate will play an integral part in the future expansion of our company. This is a unique opportunity and the role design can be flexible to fit the strengths and interests of the right candidate.
Key responsibilities involve:
1. Manage the office by being the initial contact for enquiries, assist with serving customers, screening telephone calls, providing appropriate responses, assessing priorities and coordinating the director’s diary.
2. Maintain office operations by receiving and distributing communication and information to employees, suppliers and other stakeholders.
3. Organizing office operations and procedures, preparing payroll, controlling correspondence, designing filing systems and reviewing and approving supplier requisitions.
4. Maintain office efficiency by planning and implementing office systems, layouts, and equipment procurement.
5. Design and implement office policies by establishing standards and procedures, measuring results against standards and making necessary adjustments.
6. Complete operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees, and following up on work results.
7. Keep management informed by reviewing and analyzing special reports, summarizing information and identifying trends.
8. Maintain and monitor office staff job schedules by planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
9. Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks and participating in professional societies.
10. Achieve financial objectives by preparing operational budgets, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances and initiating corrective actions.
11. Monitor incoming mail and email, responding where appropriate and forwarding to the directors.
12. Manage and monitor procurement of all office supplies, stationery, equipment and furniture.
13. Ensure that the office area is well maintained by keeping it clean and tidy;
14. Perform work related errands such as pick-ups and deliveries of items and documents.
15. Prepare office documents, reports and correspondence as required.
16. Invoice clients and manage accounts payable.
17. Provide personal administrative support to the staff and directors.
18. Set up systems and procedures as required.
19. Social Media support and analysis through the company’s social media platforms.
20. Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
21. There will also be ad-hoc and project work such as you would expect in a growing, dynamic company!
You will need:
Minimum of a Diploma in any relevant field.
Knowledge in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power point and Outlook) – A Must.
Candidates with previous experience have an advantage.
Ability to produce business correspondence, proofread for grammar, spelling and punctuation with a high degree of accuracy.
Strong business and finance administration knowledge.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Excellent time management skills and the ability to follow through.
Ability to maintain the confidentiality of information.
Basic numeracy and accounting skills with a high degree of accuracy.
Ability to follow directions and take initiative.
Ability to plan and organize work according to priority.
Ability to learn quickly and work on multiple projects efficiently.
Experience managing the calendar of a busy office.
To be keen and pay attention to detail.
To demonstrate autonomy, initiative and creativity.
Ability to be adaptable and work in a team.
Ability to work independently under minimum supervision.
Ability to work long hours when need be.
Ability to work under pressure and within strict timelines.
The desire to make a real difference in a small company, and to have some fun along the way.
The diversity of this role means you will be involved in many aspects of the company and will be a key part of a small team. If you are the right person for us, please apply, including a one page cover letter to email@example.com telling us why you would be perfect for the job!
Applications should be received by Friday 12th May 2017.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.