Get a free review of your resume send it to email@example.com with REVIEW in caps as the subject line.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
Like our Carer Agency Facebook page so you never miss our daily job updates.
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Contract Type: Full Time Two Year Fixed Term Contract .Reports to: Head of Finance & Administration
The Programme Accountant will provide financial management to the Cassava Value Chain Programme funded by the European Union. Under the overall financial and administrative leadership of Self Help Africa (SHA) Head of Finance and Administration (HoFA), the Programme Accountant will be responsible for maintaining a high standard of accounting and financial control, providing guidance and technical financial support to all the Implementing partners funded under the EU Programme. This will include but not be limited to the identification of training requirements, provision of training, undertaking risk assessment and the provision of assistance and advice on financial systems and procedures for best practice. He/She will also ensure accurate and timely recording of financial data, processing of transactions and compliance to reporting as per the EU regulations.
Knowledge and Experience:
• Five years practical experience in finance department, three of which should be in grants management
• Internationally recognised accounting qualification (CA, ACCA, CIMA, CPA)
• Strong technical abilities and up to date knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
• Fluency in spoken and written English
• Experience of managing donor funds and contracts
• Experience of managing, training and supporting staff
• Willingness to travel nationally and internationally
• Previous experience of managing USAID, EU or other donor funding
• Experience working with partner organisations
• Experience of undertaking risk assessments, internal audits and/or assessing internal controls
Please fill in the above application form below and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please type each code and title e.g. “HR 2/5/2017 PROGRAMME ACCOUNTANT” – [your name]” in the subject line of the email.
Closing date: Friday 19th May 2017
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview by e-mail and date for interview will be communicated.