Get a free review of your resume send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with REVIEW in caps as the subject line.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
Like our Carer Agency Facebook page so you never miss our daily job updates.
Greenlight Planet is a US-based global leader dedicated to delivering safe, affordable solar energy products to more than 2 billion people who live off the electric grid around the world.
Our Sun King solar- powered lights and phone chargers are used in more than 5 million homes in South Asia, East Africa and West Africa today. Our mission is to replace the dirty and dangerous kerosene lanterns used by under-electrified consumers across the globe
Our products have earned huge recognition, including a ranking as “the best solar lamp” by the Economist Magazine and ‘best-in-category’ prizes from the World Bank’s Lighting Global program.
The Company has also won numerous awards including the recent 2016 Ashden International Award – the world’s most prestigious green award for excellence in sustainable energy. The award acknowledges the major strides Greenlight Planet has made to increase energy access through micro-financing in disadvantaged communities.
Today, with over 250 full-time Greenlighters in 8 countries, we are amazed at how each new team member contributes unique and innovative solutions to this global challenge, from new product designs, to better training strategies, to more efficient logistical systems. We listen closely to each other to improve our products, our service, and ultimately, the lives of our consumers.
Position: Junior Data Analyst
Job Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Reporting to: Data Scientist
Key responsibilities for the role:
- Analyze and interpret large amounts of data to identify trends, gaps, and inconsistencies.
- Produce data for assigned clients and prepare information for client presentation.
- Create new processes for data extraction and suggest automation tools for day-to-day analyses.
- Provide support to data science team and clients by responding to ad-hoc data requests, answering questions, and providing basic technical support and analysis
- Turn data into insight and communicate your findings effectively
- Attend occasional late-night and early-morning meetings with colleagues around the world
The ideal candidate has:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Math, science, or an MBA
- Proficiency in SQL
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and time management skills
- Ability to learn quickly, initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Experience using Looker, Tableau, or Periscope (an added advantage)
We are looking for someone who is driven, passionate and excited about the opportunity to bring honest, affordable, energy to homes in Africa and Asia. If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you.
Greenlight Planet offers a competitive salary, a fun, supportive work environment and opportunities for continued professional growth within a fast-growing global enterprise.