Get a free review of your resume send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with REVIEW in caps as the subject line.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
Like our Carer Agency Facebook page so you never miss our daily job updates.
JOIN OUR TELEGRAM GROUP FOR MORE JOBS
Andela is developing a corps of high-quality technology talent across the African continent that will drive the current and future phases of tech-enabled growth around the world. With the fastest growing population and highest youth population in the world, we believe Africa is one of the greatest untapped markets for talent development.
Andela extends engineering teams with world-class software developers. We recruit the most talented developers on the African continent, shape them into technical leaders, and place them as full-time distributed team members with companies that range from Microsoft and IBM to dozens of high-growth startups. Backed by Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, GV (Google Ventures) and Spark Capital, Andela is building the next generation of global technology leaders. Passion, excellence, entrepreneurial spirit, and rejecting the status quo are just a few of the things that Andela team members have in common.
We have a vision to train 100,000 world-class developers in the next 10 years – and we want you to help make it happen.
The Facilities Management department is currently looking for an exceptional individual to help maintain our facilities and other physical assets and to provide support to the department as needed. The successful candidate will enjoy wearing many hats and providing excellent customer service. This person will work well with others and be sufficiently self-directed to identify and complete tasks with limited direction and assistance. The ideal candidate will also be comfortable working in a diverse setting and be skilled at establishing credibility with all individuals; maintenance requests may come from any of our 150+ employees. Experience providing maintenance services in educational and office environments is also strongly preferred.
The Facilities Associate will report to the Facilities Manager but will also work closely with the Operations Manager. The work hours for this position are expected to be from Tuesday through Saturday, 8:00 am to 5:00pm but schedule could change as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Our Facilities Associate’s primary area of responsibility will be to assist our Facilities Manager in completing repairs and upgrades throughout our campus. Duties consist of performing various semi-skilled tasks in an occupied setting.
On occasion, the Facilities Associate will need to perform some administrative level duties such as providing backup support for the reception desk, which includes answering phones, sorting mail, and maintaining and troubleshooting copiers and fax machines, and will be comfortable working with audio/visual equipment as well. Training will be provided.
- Manage desk configurations with Facilities Manager
- Ensure all meeting rooms are clean and tidy
- Manage all first aid boxes and order new stock
- Weekly building checks with Facilities Manager & Maintenance Technician
- Test fire alarm weekly
- Manage facilities help desk
- File paperwork and maintain folders
- Escort contractors around the building when work is being carried out.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience completing maintenance tasks in an occupied setting
- Ability to operate, repair and maintain various power & hand tools, custodial equipment, etc.
- Ability to perform semi-skilled labor in trades such as carpentry, painting, electrical, plumbing, etc.
- Ability to lift 20 kgs, to climb ladders at least 20′ in height, to work over your head and be on your feet for several hours
- Ability to safely use custodial equipment, chemicals, tools, etc.
- Ability to work effectively in a service oriented environment subject to frequently changing priorities
- Ability to successfully work individually and in teams as well as with diverse groups
- Ability to effectively communicate orally, in writing or electronically
- Ability to follow through and carry out assignments
- Ability to self-start and work efficiently with and without close supervision, in addition to being well-organized, responsible, and able to prioritize tasks
- Availability to work weekends when needed and have the flexibility to adjust hours from time to time
- Ability to understand and apply Departmental policies and procedures
- Ability to use a computer and many Microsoft Suite office products, such as Outlook, Excel, and Word or Google suite.
BENEFITS & COMPENSATION
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Lunch and snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the plane
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.