Get a free review of your resume send it to email@example.com with REVIEW in caps as the subject line.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
Like our Carer Agency Facebook page so you never miss our daily job updates.
The Nairobi Securities Exchange (NSE) is a company licensed by the Capital Markets Authority (CMA) to facilitate the trading of financial products through the provision of a trading platform for listed securities.
In line with this, the NSE is seeking to recruit suitably qualified, dynamic, self- motivated and results- oriented individuals to fill the following position:
This role works with the Business Systems Manager and is responsible for managing the technical and functional operations, maintenance and support of NSEs internal and external business systems through installing, configuring, operating and provisioning business applications in line with business requirements.
The role also supports service delivery function with regard to incident resolution and change management services.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
1. Participate in the examination of user requirements and determination or development of appropriate solutions to meet those requirements.
2. Operate and provision of the Company’s business application systems with a view to ensure optimal availability and security in line with information security targets.
3. Develop and maintain system administration documentation, test procedures and outcomes and knowledge base articles to a level that enables system and client service continuity;
4. Review, test and deploy system changes in line with change management policy.
5. Ensure optimal systems availability in line with set targets and through systems trouble shooting and continuous monitoring.
6. Ensure system and database configurations and operational procedures for associated services are comprehensively and accurately documented.
7. Execute systems start up, monitoring, shut down and backups.
8. Responding to queries, Investigating root cause, resolving system incidents as well as deploying corrective and preventive measures; preparing incident reports.
9. Administration of relevant system databases.
10. Carry out user training.
11. Carry any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Minimum qualifications and desired skills
i) Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information technology or equivalent qualifications.
ii) Minimum two (2) years’ experience.
iii) Professional training that enhances knowledge in information security such as a CISA certification or a professional diploma on relevant areas.
iv) Knowledge of UNIX and Windows operating systems.
v) Knowledge of information security practices and controls.
vi) Experience in relational database management systems. (Exposure to Oracle & MS-SQL will be an added advantage)
i. Ability to maintain confidentiality of privileged information and to ensure absolute discretion and sensitivity to confidential matters.
ii. Hands on experience in of Relational Database Management Systems administration.
iii. Hands on experience in systems analysis, design, programming, installation and customisation of computer systems.
iv. Ability to identify user needs, information data sources and types including application requirements
v. Working Knowledge of programming & scripting.
vi. Knowledge of data and computer security systems
vii. Ability to resolve basic hardware/software installation, make adjustments to equipment and retrieve information from databases.
viii. Effective communication and interpersonal skills
ix. Ability to develop, implement and deliver an effective training programme.
x. Demonstrated ability to keep abreast of ICT developments through continuous professional development.
If you are up to the challenge and can clearly demonstrate your ability to meet the criteria given above, please submit your application with a detailed CV stating your current position, remuneration, qualifications, experience, names & addresses of three referees and email & telephone contacts together with copies of your academic and professional certificates and testimonials to the address below by close of business on Friday, 19th May 2017.
The Chief Executive
Nairobi Securities Exchange Limited The Exchange, 55 Westlands Road P.O. Box 43633-00100
Dropping Zone No. 243 Revlon Professional Plaza, 2nd Floor
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.