Get a free review of your resume send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with REVIEW in caps as the subject line.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
Like our Carer Agency Facebook page so you never miss our daily job updates.
- Job ID: 23641
- Job Sector: Banking
- Closing Date: May 20 2017
- Country: Kenya
- Region/State/Province/District: Nairobi Province
- Location: Nairobi
Group Finance: Budgeting and forecasting, creating interim and annual financial statements, facilitating internal mergers and acquisitions, as well as dealing with analysts and investors.
• Financial accounting and reporting
– To ensure the overall integrity and accuracy of the General Ledger as a basis for the preparation of financial and management reports.
• Management accounting, planning and budgeting
– Detail review and analysis of financial performance
– Quality commentary and MI
– Budget preparation and planning.
– Custodian of the General Ledger and Chart of Accounts.
• Preparation of the business unit BS and PL on a daily and monthly basis.
• Monitoring business unit balance sheet movements and ensuring that they reflect the correct balances and all the relevant account reconciliations are performed and corrective actions taken.
• Provide quality commentary to Head office reports and management MI and adhering to set timelines.
• Provide insightful reports on financial performance to business and enabling functions that align to bank’s strategy
• Ensure data integrity and a more robust control framework for generation and submission of reports
• Provide cost benchmark information against competitors of similar size to help manage cost more efficiently
• Optimal budgeting process and planning, monitoring and forecasting for the Bank and its related entities.
• Create more cost effective controls and reporting framework/cost management.
• Continuously improve on financial reporting processes, reports and insights offered to business
• Ensure maintenance of and adherence to Stanbic accounting policies and procedures.
• Provision of Technical Advice and Accounting support to other Functional Unit
• Assisting with end of month (EOM) and ensuring all journal entries, ledgers and sub ledgers for the Group are accurate and timely.
• Perform revenue assurance for the Bank and individual Business level.
Preferred Qualification and Experience
• University Degree from a Recognized University.
• ACCA / CPA(K)
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role or equivalent
• Understanding of International Financial Reporting Standards.
• Computer literacy and knowledge of personal computers and software packages such as MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Access. Working knowledge of SAP, T-24 and Branch power is added advantage.
• Good communication and presentation skills.