Get a free review of your resume send it to email@example.com with REVIEW in caps as the subject line.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
Like our Carer Agency Facebook page so you never miss our daily job updates.
JOIN OUR TELEGRAM GROUP FOR MORE JOBS
Location: Nairobi-With travel to CHAP Uzima supported sites within Kenya
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelors level of education preferably in Biostatistics/Statistics or in Epidemiology
- Master’s degree e.g MPH, Epidemiology, Biostatistics will be an added advantage.
- 3+ Year experience in similar Health related position.
- Comprehensive Knowledge and understanding of PEPFAR reporting requirements will be an added advantage.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Quality management
- Big data and data analytics
- Training program planning
- Database query languages (SQL, others)
- Data Analysis
Under the direction of the MERL Advisor, he/she will:
- Promote Data Demand and Information Use culture within CHAP Uzima;
- Lead efforts to obtain, analyses and visualize data in ways that meet the information needs of targeted data users CHAP Uzima, health facilities , donor as well as MOH;
- Continuously use data for quality improvement;
- Routinely review data for use to improve service delivery and clinical/public health decision support.
- Increase the use of gender and age-disaggregated data in particular, and inferential statistics in general for evidence-informed management of the program.
- Inculcate a culture of data demand and use, including the provision of routine high-level statistical analyses.
- Drive the performance dashboard review forums within CHAP Uzima regional teams, and implementing facilities;
- Assist implementing facilities and regional teams to take ownership of their data and to analyze, share and use their data to drive decisions and quality improvement initiatives in all program areas;
- Work with CHAP technical team and facility level teams to institutionalize DDIU tools,training curricula and approaches;
- Work across results areas to incorporate data use activities at project, management,facility/services, and community/advocacy levels.
- Ensure DDIU Trend analysis are routinely / quarterly disseminated and encourage use of them at both central, regional and health facilities’levels;
- Train CHAP UzimaTA team and implementing sitesstaff in DDIU basic trend analysis /updating trends;
- Synthesize reports of progress against the Log Frame indicators and targets;
- Lead routine analysis of program data in preparation for data summaries for research abstracts and manuscripts.
- Co-design supportive supervision visit guidelines for the use of program data in decision making and build capacity of others to coach in data use promotion;
- Co-develop and conduct a regional rapid assessment of the organizational, technical and behavioral factors that affect decision making and building evidence on what works and what doesn’t when building and strengthening program information utilization;
- Review and propose additions /edits to existing data collection training materials and guidelines for data management and use;
- Coordinate and support program-led DDIU capacity building efforts;
- Engage with other implementing partners in regional capacity building efforts;
- Provide updates to the CHAP Uzima team on work progress and contribute to activity reporting and success stories as needed;
- Provide regular feed back to senior technical managers, program and technical staff, on successes, challenges and lessons learned in implementation related to areas of technical expertise.
- Author and co-author abstracts and presentations for journals and conferences.
- Any other duties as may be assigned